leveling jacks stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtownod

I am camping in2003 allergo bus my leveling jacks are stuck in down position. Does anyone have any suggestion how I can get the jacks to retract. Have tried manual and atuo retact and opened the relief value on the solenoid no success. Thanks for your help.

Dale Overton 2003 Allergo Bus 40ft. triple slide

Are they HWH and have you called them? 1-800-321-3494 or you may find info here at their website.

Good luck!

I am camping in2003 allergo bus my leveling jacks are stuck in down positio

We had the same problem a couple of weeks ago.  We called HWH and they said someone there would call us back.  They never did.  Then we started checking fuses and found a 40 amp automotive type fuse had burned out.  I replaced it with a 30 amp fuse because I didn't have a 40 amp, and the jacks came right up with no problem.

I'm definitely not an expert but since none of the jacks are retracting, I'd agree that it is probably electrical... a fuse, a switch, a power cable or something like that.  If one of you pushes the "manual retract" button on a set of two jacks, you could go out and use a pipe or something to push up on one of the jacks.  If you cannot get it to move with a reasonable push in addition to the springs, then the valve is not opening, indicating an electrical problem.  If it moves, even a small amount, then the valve is getting power and you know its probably a hydraulic problem... a kinked hose, a clogged filter, dirty oil, water in the line, etc.  Either way, you can open the solenoid valves manually by loosening the nut/screw on the end opposite of the manifold.  Then the jacks will likely retract, although you might need to help them.  If the design is like ours, the HWH system is located under the steps and there is a nut to remove and a hinge on each step which gives you access to the hydraulic system.  I guess, if worst comes to worst, you could remove the hydraulic hose from the jack and try to catch the hydraulic fluid in a pan under each jack until they are all up and then you can head for a repair shop.  Or I guess you can call a tow truck and get the rig hauled into a repair shop and pay them to deal with it.  Seems like it's a common problem.  It was the first system to fail on our MH and took a long time to get the parts and repairs done.  Good Luck!!!

thanks everyone for your responses I have been away for several days and have not been able to reply the jacks finally retracted on there on .

Dale Overton

Dale, I was with someone last week that had a similar problem with Power Gear Jacks. It ended up being an air bubble in the hydraulic line. You may want to bleed the lines. Seems like if air gets in there it creates havoc. I am not sure what brand you have though.

Once again, I do not know the brand that you have, but the brand that I just worked on did have individual bleeder valves. BE SAFE AND MAKE CERATIN THAT YOU SUPPORT THE MH to prevent it from coming down on you while you are under there.

do you have the manual for your particular jacks? If you have Power Gear I can get you my info as I aslo have a 2003 MH and it may be the same. All that I know of have a realease valve somewhere to retract the jacks, this process will usually bleed the system when you do this. The brand that I worked on had a T-Valve that I think you needed to turn counter clockwise to retract. I learned this AFTER we bled at the bleeder valves. I GUESS IT HELPS TO READ THE MANUALS FIRST!!!!

Dale

I have a Power Gear Leveler Manual in PDF format that I can send you. Send me a PM with your email address.

On my older system Fuse F2 is blown and needs to be replaced that is located on the control pad. On the newer system the Dump Valve Fuse is blown and is located in the control box.

The manual says to make sure the system is not overfilled by removing the fill plug and trying to retract the jacks.

Good Luck!

thanks everyone I think my jacks are HWH but I am not with the coach and will not be till the weekend but if I find out different I will let you know

Dale Overton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom