Leveling my class C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RANGERZ21

Silly question. My MH has no bubble levels on it(yet). When parked on level ground my MH sill looks low in the front. Should I use a 3 foot level on the floor and raise or lower my MH till my floor is level then install my bubble stick on levels. Or is there a better way or a better system then the stick on bubble levels. I'm new to this so any advice would be great.
Thanks in advance

Any sort of bubble level is fine, whether a portable carpenter's level on the floor or countertop, or a stick on one on a sidewall. If you use the stick-on ones, make sure the rig has been leveled first, using a carpenter's level. Then set the stick-on so that it also shows level.  There are also little "Bullseye" levels that can be used instead of a bubble. It has a bead in a small bowl that rolls to the center when everything is level.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-25573-RV-Bullseye-Level/dp/tags-on-product/B000EDSSDY

You don't need a three foot bubble level - it's not that critical. Get one of the shorter ones that stores more easily if you want to carry a bubble level.

Not trying to be argumentative here but I believe the main reason for leveling is for your fridge. The way I have always done it was to put a level in the floor of the fridge and level from there, then put your bubble levels on. The floor of your MH just may not be level to your fridge but will be more than level enough to walk on and feel no problems.

We like the little round ones that you can move around.  Once you've achieved a level refrigerator, find another spot such as a kitchen counter or smooth floor that also is level.  Then you can use the little round bubble on that secondary place to determine whether you're level.  We have one corner of a kitchen counter that works well and avoids the need to open the refrigerator door to see the level.  It's also easier to see and is inexpensive.  I "stow" the round one in a back corner by the kitchen sink and bring it out to the front corner when it's needed.  It stays in that corner even when we're traveling and doesn't slide around because our kitchen is in the center of the motorhome and therefore is in a very stable place.

ArdraF

I first leveled my fridge bubble level to dead center by using jacks under the axles . Then I put one stick on level on my dash and another one the opposite way on my council . The one on the council did not sit there dead level so I put a fine mark on the glass with magic marker .When I pull into a spot or on to my leveling blocks I pretty well know how I am sitting without leaving the drivers seat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vrinda
Back
Top Bottom