leveling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

5wheel

Hi, This is my first post,I have a 5th wheel  on property. i have no truck and my rig not level side to side.
How do i go about doing that. Thank-you.

An inexpensive bottle jack should do the trick, as long as the ram has enough travel to lift a wheel off the ground. 6" should be enough. Place blocks under the jack to bring it up snug to the spring where the axle attaches, jack up the wheel and slide 2x8 boards underneath. Board must be as wide  or wider than the tire tread and should be pressure treated wood so they don't rot away. Plastic leveling blocks are also good. Solid concrete blocks/pavers can also be used if supported sufficiently on a smooth sand base (no voids or rocks underneath, so the block doesn't break).

Thank you again, I didnt know it that was ok to do with front jacks on ground ,And maybe block it under axels  because it will be sitting for awhile.or is ok to rest on wheels?I would rather have on wheels .My insurance co. told me that it has to have wheels on.

Mine is stored in the soft ground out here in the yard and I've seen a few timers where the RV needed a bit a tweaking. So I use a bottle jack and few 2x6 boards under the tires. Nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom