LG6100 Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bob - The software is in the Files section and is labled QL Mobile.exe 4.1.0 (if XP). It is a software made by Smith Micro and carries the Verizon imprint. I don't think it has any features. I know they (Smith Micro) has a Quick Mobile Phonebook software as well. Still researching so don't have a good handle on this yet. Your information is a tremendous help. 

He is saying one can use just this cable and QL Mobile software.

Bob:

I spoke with the DataPilot people on the phone a few minutes ago.

They do provide a cable with their software, but it does not have charging capability.  I am thinking I might get the datapilot but also get the tang cable in addition.  They said that the Tang cable works with their software but of course they do not warrant or guarantee that.  It would be nice not to have to shut down and recharge every two hours.

I am also thinking I will keep my MOK.  It works well on the Internet, even if it does not do all the other neat stuff the datapilot does.  I am always losing or breaking cables and it would be good for me to have an alternative route to the Internet, etc.

Please keep us posted if you get the datapilot and try it.  I am struggling with my budget and seeing if I can work this into it.  Might be a small budget overrun and that will need Admiral level approval.  ;D

<<<<There are some other numbers there but the 3 is the most important. They said more often than not -- especially it purchased via the Internet, the FW version will not be current. Might be something to check out.>>>>

Does the digital display show the version 3 ??

I note that the data posted for LG4400b below(?) says P_REV_IN_USE 6 which I thought might be the version info. May be each model has a different rev level.

Bob:

I had a datapilot cable for my last phone and it worked as advertised. Used it as a transfer cable between computer and phone and as a modem but at that time no 1X network or accelerator so on line was pretty slow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThiWanderer
Back
Top Bottom