Lifestyle Change!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluebirdHazel

Hello all! My husband and I are retired, just sold our house, and are about to totally change our lifestyle to full time RVing! We have 2 months to dispose of all our worldly possessions and buy an RV. Scary but thrilling.  ;)

We have decided on a Winnebago Itasca Navion 24J. It may sound small to some of you but we have been snow birding in a 17ft Casita for 4 years. For us it will be palatial! LOL

We are Canadians so full timing is a little trickier since we have to be home for 5 months a year to maintain our health care. That will be time to visit family and enjoy the summers up here.

Upsizing to a Class C is sure going to be a steep learning curve. I'm hoping to learn so much from everyone on this forum. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the Forum!

Since you will still be residents of Canada, you may consider storing some things in a storage facility, or buying a building and having it set up in the back yard of one of the kids.  It provides a little room to keep a few things you may not be ready to part with.  Option 2 gives the kids a nice building when you are done storing things you never use.

Thank you for the welcome!

LOL Our daughter in Canada has a tiny backyard filled with a big pool! It's our daughter near Philadelphia that has the big back yard. Darn! Our daughter here has offered us space in her basement and that will limit us to only the things we really love or can't replace. We'll have to be disciplined in our choices!

We just sold our Casita yesterday so we're making progress!

Hello Hazel and welcome to The RV Forum.

You have no idea how much fun you are going to have.  Life just doesn't get much better.

Chances are you will have questions and may even seek advice.  this is the place.......... Our library is chocked full of good information and other RV Forum members are always willing to answer questions and offer advice.  Just ask.

Our discussions are many and some can be interesting.  Jump in any time.  It is a good way to get to know some great people.

Welcome aboard!

Hello George and thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm sure hubby and I will learn so much on this forum. Right now we have so much to do downsizing and tying up endless loose ends. Our lists are very, very long and our minds are spinning! As soon as we're organized (and have actually bought the RV and toad), we'll spend lots of time here meeting folks and soaking up RV info.

Back
Top Bottom