Lippert Frames still causing issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ssaunders1977 said:
I'm having a issue with my trailer is there a recall or anything on these frames

Welcome to the forum.
I would recommend you start your own post and be particular with your problem. You may get more replies.

Right better the tires on the Lippert Frame.. Cheap crap is what it is.. This Unit is not yet 10 years old and not yet paid for. I would say we will never buy another trailer with a Lippert frame but at our age buying another RV is not going to be possible.

Attachments

• Lippert1.jpg
    Lippert1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Lippert2.jpg
    Lippert2.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 39
My 2012 Coachmen Freedom Express has numerous frame problems. The right rear shackle weld broke causing axle to swing forward and back. Movement caused Propane leak. Insurance states "Manuf. defect, NO coverage. How many frame problems before regulatory action can be taken? How to respond to Insurance? Anyone else with a broken shackle?

Most of the inner wheel bearing seal failures are a result of folks using the Dexter EZ lube system and just pumping grease into the fitting. If the6 don?t raise the tires and rotate slowly while pumping grease it will most often blow by rear seal

That said... only proper way is to remove hubs and bearings and repack old fashioned way ... this gives you the opportunity to visually inspect brakes, bearings, etc...

The Lippert frame issue being seen with front side wall cracks at the lower left corner of a slide out have been ongoing for 20 years...

Some get them and some don?t.. Lippert builds the frame... The RV builder builds the structure going to the frame... many are not properly designed by the RV builder resulting inside stress points and cracking incurs

YMMV

SculptorKen said:
My 2012 Coachmen Freedom Express has numerous frame problems. The right rear shackle weld broke causing axle to swing forward and back. Movement caused Propane leak. Insurance states "Manuf. defect, NO coverage. How many frame problems before regulatory action can be taken? How to respond to Insurance? Anyone else with a broken shackle?

Spring failures due to shackles and axle weld failures are well known and a common occurrence on some of the trailers chassis, regardless of who the RV builder was.  I have helped a few different owners replace broken shackles at campgrounds due to sudden failures. 

A known problem? Yes. Will Lippert stand behind it? No.  Others have tried and received the same response. 

This link has additional stories and pictures of Lippert Frame Failures:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f52/lippert-components-frame-failure-465928.html

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom