Lippert landing jack issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbabcock

Hi everyone, newbie here. I have a 2017 DRV MS 40kssb4. After arriving at the RV Park, I lowered the front landing jacks, removed my tow vehicle and began the auto level process. After the rear jacks where down the front jacks slowly gave way and the front settled on the ground. When I attempted to raise the 5 ?er the hydraulic pump ran but no movement. There is no leakage of fluid. The reservoir is at proper level.
All other hydraulic systems still work, slides and rear leveling jacks.
We called a 5 ton semi wrecker to lift my rig up. With no weight the jacks would go up and down.
I called my dealer tech, Mr. Tannery, and explained the issue. He said the seals are blown in the jacks.
My question is, with no leaks of fluid could it be something else?? Any help would be appreciated.
I?m not looking forward to having to replace the jacks.

The fact that the jacks move when unloaded seems to indicate that the electronics is OK....that pretty much leaves hydraulics.  But...you could try resetting the Levelup controller.  On the main control box. pull the connector with the RED wire for a few seconds, then reconnect.  Are your slides hydraulic?  Do they work OK?  Same hydraulic pump.  I don't see how the seals could just "blow", but if they did, you may not see any outside leakage.  May just leak from inlet "raise side" to outlet "lower side" internally.  Low battery voltage can also do weird things to Lippert controllers.

Back
Top Bottom