Liquid Roof and Eternabond for 1989 Winnebago Chieftain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raypc800

My Motor home is  33 foot I am wondering how much Liquid Roof do I need to do my roof? I am also planning to use Eternabond  on roof seams, should I apply this before the new coat of Liquid Roof or after? Thank you for your help

What, may I ask did you do?  I have the same issue.  Whether to apply eternabond before of after Liquid roof.

Apply the Eternabond first and then coat everything. Clean well before applying the Eternabond though so you will have good adhesion

I would also recommend removing and replacing old caulking around penetrations before anything else to have a new none leak seal and also eliminate any silicone that may have been used previously. replace it with dicor or eternabond tape. 

Sounds good to me. 

I am also replacing the plumbing vents.  Would you enternabond around that or would you use Dicor?

Lisa

I used Eterna bond web seal before priming and applying liquid rubber. It will contour to curvatures and such much better than the regular eternal bond with the hard skin. The web seal needs to be coated with something to protect it from UV rays. I used it for the front and rear end caps seams, never have to caulk them again, also ran it down the side edges front to back due to popped up siding that rolls over the curve to the top. Ma ybe I should have cut the membrane and repaired the pop ups but I simply didn't want to, I think pigs will be flying before I have a problem with my roof. My luck one of them will crash land on my roof.

Bill

self leveling dicor on flat radius surfaces (or Straight), it also raises the surface so water can shed away from joint or intersection. IE: plumbing vents and roof vents.

Eternabond tape on square flat surfaces or where roof meets the front or rear caps. (straight lines) IE: skylights some roof vents with flush screws.

I'd never use eternabond unless I have too again. I should have used Dicor Lap on all the seams, but I didn't know better, it just looks more professional with Dicor, I have a metal roof that was painted and the seams lost the sealant along the way and were starting to leak, so I eternabonded everything. It does't leak and you sure cant peel it off. In some cases I guess you dont have a choice unless you want to remove the membrane

Deano,

Why didn't you like Eternabond?  I have used Dicor and found it cracking in just one year.  That is why I am trying Eternabond over my cracking Dicor this time.  We shall see if that works. 

Busterduck said:
Deano,

Why didn't you like Eternabond?  I have used Dicor and found it cracking in just one year.  That is why I am trying Eternabond over my cracking Dicor this time.  We shall see if that works.
I just liked the factory look rather than the fix look, I used the dicor on the front and rear cap seams and its not cracking after 2 years. Eternabond is a good product

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnvista
Back
Top Bottom