Little Critter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipepro

You're going to think I'm nuts but I store my RV in an extra driveway next to my house and I have a cover for it. This is the 1st winter in 14 years we haven't gone to Florida. Well I've seen these little squirrels they are just bigger than a chipmonk and one of them got in my RV. There isn't any food and I think it just is looking for shelter. It has this one annoying habit of unrolling the paper towel from the wall rack roller. Just like a cat would do with toilet paper. I scared the crap (literally) out of it one day but since, it has come back. I'm gonna get it one of these days. It also chewed out the hole on a Bluebird house so it lives there as well. I really don't want to kill it just keep it out of my RV. Any suggestions.

We had a cat that fought off large dogs, racoons, possums, and even chased deer out of our yard. The only animal he was afraid of was squirrels.

I had a squirrel problem in a lake cabin. He actually chewed through the asphalt shingles to get in the attic. I finally got rid of it by buying all the mothballs Walmart had in stock and putting them under where he had chewed through for a week. Luckily it didn't rain that week.

I have heard they like unattended places and someone suggested I leave a radio on loud when we were not there.

I had squirrels in my attic (no, not bats in my belfry) and we had to use a pest removal company to get them out. Then the company sealed off anywhere a critter could get in. They were jumping over from the trees onto our roof. Been a few years now and so far so good.

If you seal off the places they can get in, make sure they are outside.

Better yet - c'mon back down to Florida!

My guess is a Red Squirrel, they can and can do a lot of damage. Buy or borrow a small live trap, bate it with some peanut butter, or a rat trap works well also.

My guess is a Red Squirrel, they can and can do a lot of damage. Buy or borrow a small live trap, bate it with some peanut butter, or a rat trap works well also.
I tried the peanut butter, didn't work. I have a large trap for raccoons which is too big. Thanks though

We had a cat that fought off large dogs, racoons, possums, and even chased deer out of our yard. The only animal he was afraid of was squirrels.
We have a cat like that too. He catches squirrels and eats them much to my horror, starts with the head and leaves the tail.

You might try setting a plastic owl in the space.

Whatever critter it is, I would say it's a bad idea to assume there is only one or that it will remain single for long.

My sister heard what she thought was a possum in the wall of her house. She ignored it for a while until there was lots of scratching around and movement in the walls.

Turns out "momma" possum was building a nest - LOL...

If you can't make your RV an unfriendly place for this critter quick you should definitely get an exterminator.

Whatever critter it is, I would say it's a bad idea to assume there is only one or that it will remain single for long.

My sister heard what she thought was a possum in the wall of her house. She ignored it for a while until there was lots of scratching around and movement in the walls.

Turns out "momma" possum was building a nest - LOL...

If you can't make your RV an unfriendly place for this critter quick you should definitely get an exterminator.
Thanks

You can try "Fresh Cab Rodent Repellent". Smells like an air freshener to me but I guess rodents don't like the smell. I've had good success so far using it.

I tried the peanut butter, didn't work. I have a large trap for raccoons which is too big. Thanks though

Try tying a piece of of chocolate to the pedal. The critters can lick the peanut butter clean without setting off the trap. They will pull and tug at the chocolate.
I had a problem with mice in my garage. An old guy at work told me about the chocolate trick. This was with a snap trap but should work fine with a box trap.
Three mice in one day.
You will need a smaller trap though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom