Little Critter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rats and squirrels are in the same family of rodents. Would you go to those efforts to keep from killing a rat in your house?
Trivial, I know, but although they are related (like cousins) because they both fall into the order Rodentia, rats fall under the Muridae family and squirrels fall under the Sciuromorpha family.

I bought a nice .22 Gamo air rifle just to rid my bird feeders of the latter.

Trivial, I know, but although they are related (like cousins) because they both fall into the order Rodentia, rats fall under the Muridae family and squirrels fall under the Sciuromorpha family.

I bought a nice .22 Gamo air rifle just to rid my bird feeders of the latter.
Squirrel gravy and fresh biscuits. There are 43 walnut trees growing on the 1½ acres my house and RV garage occupy. Squirrels aplenty, without leaving the yard.
Olney, Illinois has a pure white squirrel. They are protected by city law.
Then there's the black squirrel.

Last edited:
Should include your property being attacked too, IMO.

BTW, I was infantry in RVN (Army 11B, 1969-70, mostly in the Central Highland jungles).

I was just reading some stuff on the web about Vietnam vets. Such as how many Vietnam vets are still alive today. I see answers from 25 to 75%, which means nobody really knows, but perhaps we can assume around 50%. But these days, 390 Vietnam vets die per day, it says in the link below.

This also got me by surprise, because I always heard it was the helicopter door gunners, but, no, it was my job, according to here.

"What was the deadliest job in Vietnam?

According to the Department of Defense, infantry soldiers had the highest casualties during the Vietnam War, making infantry the deadliest job in Vietnam."

But do they mean numbers or percentage? No doubt if they mean numbers, but I was looking for percentage. Above needs to be clarified, IMO.

-Don- Reno, NV
I can believe that. I was USMC Combat Engineer (Explosives) attached to the 9th Marines mostly and did my tour from Dong Ha to Khe Sanh with stops at Gio Linh, Con Thien, Rock Pile, and Camp Carroll

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom