Living in a Van?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you are trying hard to sell the idea of the "delights" of living in a van, yet the article you quoted also lists quite a few disadvantages.

Like everything in life, this kind of living is not for everyone.

And the couple in that article were traveling in a van, not exactly "living in a van" just to save money. Also, they stayed in places where it was legal to park and camp. Note also that they were camping in places where there were restrooms and water available. They were NOT parking in neighborhoods and using sidewalks or yards as bathrooms!! If someone had tried to park overnight in my neighborhood when I had young children, I would be calling the police as often as many people do in such situations. This is the reason why so many communities are making it illegal to "camp" in neighborhoods where sanitary facilities are not available and where they are not set up for camping.

In addition, it can really be arranged so that it will be more comfortable than any apartment, because it is quite compact.
Like most blanket statements, this one is ridiculous. It completely ignores that people come in different physical sizes, with different needs and a lot of other differences. Just because some people live comfortably in a van hardly means that everyone can do so.

So now a question for you, Calistman, why are you promoting Tanya's website? Isn't that the real purpose of your trying to revive such an old thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom