locate water shut off valve on 2017 american eagle motor home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RC Magee

I have an issue with the ice maker on my 2017 american eagle .The whrilpool fridge ice maker is frozen solid.I need to locate the water shut off valve.

I have an issue with the ice maker on my 2017 american eagle .The whrilpool fridge ice maker is frozen solid.I need to locate the water shut off valve.
Disconnect the hose from the bib, and/or turn off your water pump.

With most refrigerators there is an electric valve mounted in the back of the refrigerator. If you pull the refrigerator out you should be able to locate it by tracing the water line. There may also be a manual valve as many are installed that way.

With most refrigerators there is an electric valve mounted in the back of the refrigerator.

Apparently it's a Whirlpool residential fridge so no external electric valve like on an RV fridge. The valve is internal to the fridge. And the line behind the fridge is probably inaccessible, so can't even squeeze it shut with vise grips.

American Coach typically taps into the kitchen sink water line to feed the fridge icemaker. There is usually a Tee & valve under the sink, likely buried at the back and maybe hidden behind a panel.

The valve is internal to the fridge.
The Whirlpool refrigerator in the kitchen where we live has such a valve directly behind the freezer but access is more difficult than on the RV refrigerator. It is pretty much internal and not as easily accessed but it is in the back, outside of the freezer. The actual location of that valve depends on the particular model as I replaced one on a double door model several years ago that was near the bottom of the refrigerator and once an access panel was removed, easy to replace. The current, smaller refrigerator we have now is more difficult and near the top.

The ice maker in ours looks pretty much like the one that we had in a Norcold refrigerator in our class A. (I just went in and looked at it again.)

With most refrigerators there is an electric valve mounted in the back of the refrigerator. If you pull the refrigerator out you should be able to locate it by tracing the water line. There may also be a manual valve as many are installed that way.
Apparently it's a Whirlpool residential fridge so no external electric valve like on an RV fridge. The valve is internal to the fridge. And the line behind the fridge is probably inaccessible, so can't even squeeze it shut with vise grips.

American Coach typically taps into the kitchen sink water line to feed the fridge icemaker. There is usually a Tee & valve under the sink, likely buried at the back and maybe hidden behind a panel.
Or, if all they're going to do is spend a half hour with a blow dryer to defrost the ice maker the OP could just turn off the hose bib or cut power to the water pump.

Back
Top Bottom