Locked Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
Sometimes we act too quickly and sometimes too late, but rarely do we satisfy everyone.
I just read through the whole thread and, although I thought the plug might have been pulled a bit early, it wasn't unreasonably so either. I've read a lot of posts here over the last couple of years and the staff seems to do a pretty good job of keeping arguments from getting out of hand.

Regarding the comment that a handful of members dominate a large percent of the postings, I think you'll find that to be at least somewhat true in many forums. You'll also often find, as I have here, that those people are frequently the most helpful and friendly members.

All things considered, I'll give the staff (and the more active members) credit for a reasonably well handled dispute.

Thanks again for the kind words.

I thought it might be worth clarifying that, although the topic was locked, nothing was intended in respect of any member. Robert H had been a member for almost 3 years, and I don't recall seeing anything in his prior posts suggesting he was anything but an upstanding member.

Discussions can and do bring out our passions, and it's really easy for things to unintentionally go downhill. That's when we, the forum staff, try to anticipate the direction things are headed and either defuse it or close it down.

Putting aside the specifics of the discussion that was locked, I can empathize with anyone who has had "their discussion" shut down, and why they might want to pick up their marbles and leave. Hopefully, this member will realize that nothing personal was intended, and he'll return at a later date.

First off, Tom thanks for a wonderful site!

Second, I have only been on this site since March and I have spent most of my time lurking but on the occation that I decided to jump in on a thread I have always felt welcome in the discussions. This staff is a wonderful group of people that realy seem to be the type that will do anything to Help people get started in RVing and make sure they do it safely. I have learned so many things that have saved me from making alot of those Rookie mistakes. This forum and the "Framily" are by far the most friendly and informative folks for Rvers on the web.

IMHO if someone just wants a place to argue there are other venues that are more suited for that but, if you want information from a friendly group of people then this is the only place to be.

Thanks again Tom!

Or, as we say on the other side of the Severn bridge:

os gwelwch yn dda  =  (if you) please

diolch yn fawr  =  thank you very big (aka ta much)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom