Long term "parking" with the levelers down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billk42

???

Ok, two in one day,  but I have another question.  I leave my coach (35' HR Imperial) parked in the driveway between trips. I have it set up on the levelers, is it ok to leave them down like this for extended periods??

Thanks

We park for several months at a time using the levelers.  Try not to lift any of the wheels off the ground, if you do, put blocks under them so they are taking some of the weight.

Sure, no problem. I assume you are talking a few weeks or a month here, rather than many, many months. Even a that, I doubt if you would have a problem.  You may find, however, that there is a slow leak internally and pressure gradually bleeds off. This can be fixed, of course, but it is seldom worth the expense if it takes several weeks or months to become noticeable.

Some manufacturers recommend that you cycle the jacks periodically, to re-distribute hydraulic fluid on the internal seals. And it is a good idea to wipe dirt off the shiny extensions (hydraulic jacks) before retracting.  And some jacks (Power Gear brand) have a zirc to lubricate the lower shaft seal; this should receive a shot of grease every 6-12 months.

Great help,  Thank you, it will be just for a few weeks, in between our trips.  Once I get ready to winterize and "put it away for winter", I will retract the jacks along with ,y other winterizing procedures.

Thanks again.

I leave my jacks down the whole pa winter. Just when i go and start the mh up i will cycle them . I don't know what you have heard but a Pennsylvania winter last about 8 months.

Back
Top Bottom