Look at this monster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottydl

Site Team
And I mean "monster" in a good way.  8)  Check out the attached photo, taken in my local Wally World parking lot yesterday.  WHOA!  That is plain ol' dreaming for me, although I realize some folks here might have setups like that and don't think much about it.  I can't imagine, especially the money it would take to have a trailer custom-painted to match the DP.  What in the world goes in that trailer anyway?  It is SO tall, gotta be 2 levels of stuff... maybe the car on the bottom and cargo above?  Just thought this was worth discussion... *drool*

Ironic in a certain way too, that someone who owns a rig like THAT would be spending the night in a WM parking lot (the slides were out and jacks down, so they weren't just stopping for groceries) vs. a nice cushy RV resort.  ::)

Attachments

• hugeRV.JPG
    hugeRV.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 251
And the Datastorm was pointed at something so perhaps they are reading this.

That rig does not look overly tall, The trailer however is likely where they stuff a car or two.

scottydl said:
Ironic in a certain way too, that someone who owns a rig like THAT would be spending the night in a WM parking lot (the slides were out and jacks down, so they weren't just stopping for groceries) vs. a nice cushy RV resort.  ::)

Scotty

I don't agree with having the jacks down and the slides out, but I would have done the same thing if I had such a rig. Can you imagine trying to find an overnite CG that would have pull-thru's long enough and roads wide enough for that set up to maneuver?

Ron from Big D said:
I guess I'm from an older generation and cannot fathom what this statement means.   Please explain so we have some sense of coherence.

Ron,

From the Urban Dictionary:

Dayum!

An explative, not unlike whoa. It is a more emphasized version of the word "damn" when it is used in the same way.

"Dayum! Your sister's HOT!"

Richard

How many parking places is that thing taking up??

It looks like they didn't deploy all the slides....looks like there's another curbside one in the living room.

I wouldn't want that rig but I wouldn't mind having their money. Of course, maybe they can afford the rig because they always stay free in WalMart parking lots?

And if you own that rig and you're reading this "Hi" !!

Scotty,

Reminds me of this combo that I saw in the Sam's Club parking lot in Anchorage.
lou

Attachments

• 100_1193.JPG
    100_1193.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 104
OnaQwest said:
Reminds me of this combo that I saw in the Sam's Club parking lot in Anchorage.

A Hummer H2 as a toad!  I was thinking of getting one of those to dink around in, but then I said "naw" after all.  ::) ;)

Do not have a picture of it, but a Class A pulled in next to me in CG up in Sequim, WA.  He was pulling a 1995 Ford Bronco for a toad.  I took particular notice of it because my tow vehicle is a 1995 Ford Bronco.  That's when I first realized that class A folks have their own world view, if not universe.  ;D

scottydl said:
And I mean "monster" in a good way.  8)  Check out the attached photo, taken in my local Wally World parking lot yesterday.  WHOA!  That is plain ol' dreaming for me, although I realize some folks here might have setups like that and don't think much about it.  I can't imagine, especially the money it would take to have a trailer custom-painted to match the DP.  What in the world goes in that trailer anyway?  It is SO tall, gotta be 2 levels of stuff... maybe the car on the bottom and cargo above?  Just thought this was worth discussion... *drool*

Scotty, what brand motorhome was that? In the photo, I thought that I could see word,"Travel" plus another word on the rock guard. Did you see that?

As far as this rig being in WM parking lot, maybe it was just convenient for the owners. Attractive rig, though. :D

Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce

Ron said:
Looks like it could very likely be over length in many states.
That combo has got to be around 75 feet in length.  As near as I can figure, there are only 10 states that it would be legal to drive it in.

My hubby calls a trailer of that size a "shoot me" trailer.  This means that if he ever gets an idea to tow a trailer of that size that I have his permission to shoot him.  This rig woud not fit into standard campgrounds very easily and cushy RV parks are not always available while in transit. 

Could the motorhome be a Travel Supreme?  It is indeed a beautiful set up.

Betty

Jackliz said:
Scotty, what brand motorhome was that? In the photo, I thought that I could see word,"Travel" plus another word on the rock guard. Did you see that?

Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce

Liz

I believe it is a Travel Supreme 45' Select.

Not sure if I can post a site where you can see the motorhome and trailer at a featherlite dealership with a very unique custom automobile being loaded into the trailer.  He uses the trailer to haul around his custom show car.  The dealership is Central Iowa Featherlite .  If you can find the site click on the featherlite decal.  Then click on the car trailer button.  Click on the Coach Trailer button.  There she is in full color. 

Here is a link to that Featherlite page you mentioned.  Very unique indeed!  If that link doesn't work, the photo of the custom roadster is attached below.  8)

Attachments

• CoachTrailer.jpg
    CoachTrailer.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 86
That's a favorite of Custom rebuilder they are loading in the trailer  51 Merc  I did 2 of those years ago.  Great cars.  Sold well and were money makers.  That's probably a 24 or 22' trailer.  Lots of them in the midwest.  Cargo Mate sells many of them.  My car hauler is also a Cargo mate and but dual axle and low profile.  It's an 06 24' and up for sale.  Surprisingly a lot of those 3 axle trailers like that don't great load capacity due to light weight axles.  At least that's what I found when shopping for one.  Paint job is a little expensive for sure.

Back
Top Bottom