Looking for a APP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I’m looking for a free APP which will show me where someone is. The one I have now is “Fine my”. I had it for a couple of years and it worked great. For whatever reason about a year ago it stopped working. I looked at it about two months ago and it started working again. Now guess what, now it stopped again.
Anyone know of a free APP that will do the same thing? Or help me figure out what’s wrong with my APP. My daughter did delete my APP one time and reloaded it and it didn’t help. Thanks

Are you interested in tracking someone else or finding a lost phone?
Samsung. and Google both have "Find my phone" built in but I've never used and the one time I tried to assist a fellow RVer we were less than successful.
Lookout is works..... Most of the time.

It also has a "Scream" option (that's what does not always work)

Are you interested in tracking someone else or finding a lost phone?
Samsung. and Google both have "Find my phone" built in but I've never used and the one time I tried to assist a fellow RVer we were less than successful.
Lookout is works..... Most of the time.

It also has a "Scream" option (that's what does not always work)
No I need it to track a relative at times.

No I need it to track a relative at times.
I know there are family tracker apps but alas.. I've never used one.
My phone has multiple trackers on it one of which is "Semi-public" (I could tell you how to track it you need not have the app) but alas... There are restrictions on the tracker. and I do not often give out the URL (only to people I trust)

So does it only work with other iPhones or Apple products?
Find My Friends
Is there a product that would work on any of the different cell phones?
Yes, that is an Apple exclusive, but works great, even lets you click and get directions to them.
It will be hard to find an app that plays well with Android and Apple.

Here is a good article with good information

Most mainstream apps require the person that's being tracked to explicitly give you permission. Google Maps for example. We use Glympse quite a bit to let friends/relatives know where we are-- especially when we're headed to their location.

There's also tons of "discreet" GPS trackers that require a hardware interface in conjunction with an app. Trucking fleets use these to monitor their driver's location in real time.

I 2nd Google maps. I know an I-phone can track android - and assume it would work the other way too. When the tracked person gives the permission they can define how long it lasts or set to infinate.
-Kyle

Back
Top Bottom