Looking for a Part

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AzJimbo

I own a 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J (although titled 08 it is really is 2007 model).  On the last trip, one of the slideout covers for the ram fell off (sadly these are only glued on).  I am attempting to find a replacement for this cover either, aftermarket source or salvage.  Unfortunately Winnebago cannot forward a part for 2 to 3 weeks, and once it is forwarded the piece will have to be painted to match.  I am hopeful of completeing the task on a more timely basis, any ideas?

I have attached a photo (2 if I can) of the missing part.  This piece is 15.1 inches by 10.3 inches and is most likely plastic (could be fiberglass)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J Slide cover closeup reduced.jpg
    2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J Slide cover closeup reduced.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J Slide Cover reduced.jpg
    2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J Slide Cover reduced.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 70
Looks like something a sheetmetal shop could make in a few minutes but, you would still have to paint to match. Personally, I would have 2 made and rivet them on and then paint but there are some modern glues that may hold them in place. Looks like a poor setup to me. Another alternative woul be to weld threaded rod on rthe back of the panels and put nuts  and washers on the back side.

Ray's RV in Banning has several scrap parts as well as factory parts on hand you can give them a call, they'd mail you what ever you wanted.

Ray's RV:

Jeff

jeffbrown said:
Ray's RV in Banning has several scrap parts as well as factory parts on hand you can give them a call, they'd mail you what ever you wanted.

Ray's RV:

Jeff

Thank You Jeff I will try

gwcowgill said:
Looks like something a sheetmetal shop could make in a few minutes but, you would still have to paint to match. Personally, I would have 2 made and rivet them on and then paint but there are some modern glues that may hold them in place. Looks like a poor setup to me. Another alternative woul be to weld threaded rod on rthe back of the panels and put nuts  and washers on the back side.

I have given this some thought and may go that direction, thank you!

gwcowgill said:
Looks like something a sheet metal shop could make in a few minutes but, you would still have to paint to match. Personally, I would have 2 made and rivet them on...

I like this idea!  Pop rivets might not be practical for this particular situation, but it would be my first choice of attachment.  Go for aluminum if you get a cover made.

John Canfield said:
I like this idea!  Pop rivets might not be practical for this particular situation, but it would be my first choice of attachment.  Go for aluminum if you get a cover made.

Thank you John, if  I go this direction will probably replace both

Call the Winnebago dealer in Forest City. If they don't have the part they will walk over to the factory and pick it up and ship it next day or same day.

tallyo said:
Call the Winnebago dealer in Forest City. If they don't have the part they will walk over to the factory and pick it up and ship it next day or same day.

Thank you

John Canfield said:
Don't forget your local Winnebago dealer - they have access to any part as well.  Support your local businesses!

I agree John but if it's necessary to expedite a part, the fastest way I know is call the dealer in Forest City.

tallyo said:

Called  Lichstinn Winnebago http://www.lichtsinn.com/ they were very helful, same story however 2 to 3 weeks, apparently none in stock - Winne has to manufacture these. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom