Looking for an amplifier

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom, looks like another trip to the guitar shop is coming up ;D Remember, it's only money  :) (and I only suggested a few picks)

[quote author=kdbgoat] looks like another trip to the guitar shop is coming up[/quote]

;D Fortunately, I haven't (yet) become as addicted to guitar shops as I am to ukulele shops.

... (and I only suggested a few picks)

Aye, and I'm still buying picks to try/test/practice. Ordered 3 different thicknesses of one brand/style yesterday  :(

Fishman loudbox all the way.  They have different models.  Mini, artist,performer.  I can only vouch for the artist.  I use it as a personal monitor when plugging into a PA.  Thing sounds GREAT, and I'm VERY picky.  I use for acoustic, but a good friend of mine who is a pro level musician came into town and we played together at a church and it sounded awesome (he plays electric).  Sounds crisp and clean with built in eq and xlr input. 

If it were me I would go for a battery powered model like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Roland-MOBILEAC-Acoustic-Portable-Amplifier/dp/B009D3WT0E/ref=sr_1_4?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1528202398&sr=1-4&keywords=battery+amplifier

SeilerBird said:
If it were me I would go for a battery powered model like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Roland-MOBILEAC-Acoustic-Portable-Amplifier/dp/B009D3WT0E/ref=sr_1_4?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1528202398&sr=1-4&keywords=battery+amplifier

I think the Fishman loud Box has a battery powered option as well

jsm1847 said:
I think the Fishman loud Box has a battery powered option as well
None of the ones I looked at had that option. And if they did a 60 watt battery operated amplifier would go through batteries at a vicious pace.

Very first post on the RV Forum, and of course the very first section I go to is this Music section!

I?m a long-time gigging acoustic musician and have two recommendations for you all ? the Loudbox Mini Charge and the Bose S1 Performer. I just went through this evaluation process and bought the Bose. Both of these are fantastic amps, and both are battery-powered ? with an amazing 11 hours of playing time through the Bose (and the Fishman is comparable). Slightly different features for both. The Bose is a little spendier, I believe (and I?ll recommend Swee****er.com as a great on-line source for any of you who don?t have a music store nearby ? no affiliation whatsoever, just a very satisfied customer). Both have their own batteries ? you?re not replacing D or AA batteries or anything like that, and both re-charge through just being plugged in to a 110 outlet. Both are also Bluetooth-enabled, so you can play music from your phone or iPad through them (and they sound great) and, of course, even play along with the music if you want to. As I said, both have some slightly different features so you?ll want to check them both out well. But both brands are also well known for their first-rate quality and customer service. Both crank out a ton of volume for their power ratings (Fishman 60, Bose 40, I believe ? although wattage is not a direct indicator of volume ability) and are really amazing amps. There are cheaper options out there for sure but for my money, these two are at the top of the list. Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom