Looking for information on a Enroute 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill (Trucker101)

Hi all, a few months back my wife & I bought a 1986 38ft Enroute 5th wheel. The weight information tag was missing from it,so I don't have an accurate weight on it. So I can't figure out what size of 5th wheel to mount in my truck. I have searched the "world wide want" for some info on this 5th but cant find anything? Any body have any info on this?
Thanks...Bill

Attachments

• Day 2 at OUR 5th wheel 002 - Copy.JPG
    Day 2 at OUR 5th wheel 002 - Copy.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC08973 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    DSC08973 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 38
Old and HEAVY. My old 23ft fifth wheel weighed 8000 lbs. In comparison, my 2009 34 foot camper also weighed 8000 lbs. due to differences in construction. I imagine a 1986 does not have an aluminum frame, and is probably fairly heavy. It is also a very long trailer. My best guess is 12000 lbs. unloaded. If unknown, I would go with at least a 16K fiver, but it may be best to see if you can find someone to transport it to a scale (loaded if possible).

Best of luck!

Thanks all for the info on the weight. I was also trying to get info on who the manufacturer is so I could get more info on this  trailer.

Just for grins I tried running a couple of queries on Google, no luck there.  You might try looking in all of the cabinets in the unit, sometimes there is a paper tag glued in a cabinet with weight information.

When I had a 5th wheel horse trailer Living Quarters (called gooseneck in the horse world  :D) there was a small metal plate screwed into the frame on the outside of the unit.  It was on the right side of the 5th wheel looking at it from the front.  It was kinda up and underneath the overhang.  Maybe yours might still be there.  Mine was a metal plate that was stamped.  So if you do find yours and can't read it perhaps you could take a pencil with a piece of paper and do a "rubbing" of it so that you can read it.

Just a thought.

Marsha~

Honest John said:
[size=10pt]Just for grins I tried running a couple of queries on Google, no luck there.  You might try looking in all of the cabinets in the unit, sometimes there is a paper tag glued in a cabinet with weight information. [/size]
[size=10pt]Wife & I searched in all the cabinets & cubbies under the inside steps?[/size]

Marsha/CA said:
[size=10pt]When I had a 5th wheel horse trailer Living Quarters (called gooseneck in the horse world  :D) there was a small metal plate screwed into the frame on the outside of the unit.  It was on the right side of the 5th wheel looking at it from the front.  It was kinda up and underneath the overhang.  Maybe yours might still be there.  Mine was a metal plate that was stamped.  So if you do find yours and can't read it perhaps you could take a pencil with a piece of paper and do a "rubbing" of it so that you can read it.

Just a thought.

Marsha~
[/size]
[size=10pt] Yup we looked there also, I crawled all over & under with no luck.
Thanks to all for the ideas so far...
[/size]

I would bet a weight even higher than Carl - probably 12,000 lb UVW. I'd get at least an 18k hitch and 20k would be a better bet.

En Route is listed in the NADA RV Guide until 1989, so presumably they went out of business after that (or got bought up by somebody else). 

Back
Top Bottom