Looking for place to spend a week or so at Lake Havasu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wally12

currently located I Death Valley planning to spend a few nights at Lake Havasu  and then on to quartzite? Looking for a site close to town for a few nights in our 5 ER .  Would like  to find  a campground and sites to see

Thanks

We have stayed three different times at the Havasu Falls RV Resort, very handy to the I95 in town. It is a PA campground so one night was always half price. For us it was usually on the way to or from Quartzsite, so it gave us a chance to properly clean up. The park was clean and well run. Sites were narrow but adequate. There were several restaurants within walking distance and we usually enjoyed our meals. As far as things to do, I can't help you. I know the London Bridge is a tourist attraction, but It did not interest us. There is a Hot air balloon festival that coincided with our forum rally at Quartzsite. We took that in twice, but only as a day trip from the rally.  The Park was about $44 a nite  so 2 nites averaged $33 with the PA discount. There were no activities in the park, at least nothing that interested us.
Hope this helps.
Dave 

There are also a couple of campgrounds on the island across the London bridge as well.. i stayed at Crazy Horse.

My reason for going there was the Bridge.. So I really can not tell you much about the campground as that was where I slept.

We stayed at Craggy Wash BLM a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It's just on the outskirts of town past the airport, with Walmart close by for groceries.

If you enjoy hiking there are are some very nice hikes at Sara Park. trail maps are available at the visitor center by London Bridge. It's quite pleasant hiking in the camping area also. You can see big horn sheep there, and listen to coyotes at night.

There are also BLM 14 day areas along Highway 95 south of Lake Havasu City.  Just look for others camped out in the desert.

Greetings , we are going to cancel our reservations for three nights at Cattail Cove from 1/16/2016 - 1/18/2015 due to double booking. The site has water, power, dump station is in the camp ground. Cattail Cove State Park is approximately 12 miles from the balloon festival in Havasu. Campground has been booked for months. Please contact by email ASAP if interested. Safe Travels :)

Back
Top Bottom