Looking for used 24 or 25 ft. fifth wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rles

Dear RV Forum,

I'm interested in purchasing a used 24 or 25 ft.  fifth wheel, four season/fiberglass.
Arctic Fox seems to meet that description, but they remind me of coffins; once purchased, people don't seem to ever sell them.

Can you suggest comparable manufacturers?
Thanks

Sure. They used to be popular, but as RV sizes have grown, so have most 5W models.  However, they still exist. For example, Forest River has 24 footers in the Wildwood line, a 27 footer in the Wildcat Xtralite series, and 24 & 25 footers in the V-Cross line.

i keep an eye on craigslist all the time. depending upon where you are located, they run through a lot of em. good luck in your search!

Gary, I'm not at all familiar with the Forest River, what are your thoughts on it for quality?

thanks

Ray Schulte
Wyoming

I don't have any direct experience with them either. They make several very popular models and there are a lot of them around.

They do seem to hold their customers at arms length, making them work through dealers for everything. That may or may not be a problem, depending on the individual dealer and whether the RV has an unusual issues.

Hi,
  Wildwood is entry level 5th wheel but its very reasonable.  I believe new 24 foot is about 17200.00
to 18000.00.  Forest River has been around for a long time and are a good solid company.

Hope that helps you,
John

R-Vision is susposed to be coming out with a new 5th wheel.  Looks pretty nice and should be fairly affordable.

http://www.trail-lite.com/onyx5.asp

Back
Top Bottom