Loose bolts on new AC unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Our AC is now repaired w/o a dealer trip. Because the blower motor mounting fasteners were loose/missing the cold air fan was rubbing on its black plastic housing and chewing it up. FYI. The pictures tell the tale in case you encounter the same problem. Our AC had this problem from day 1. Dometric should have not let it out the door. Fritz RV should have repaired it during their "inspection".

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    412.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    361.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 040.JPG
    040.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 050.JPG
    050.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 060.JPG
    060.JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 070.JPG
    070.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 17
Just now saw this. Great set of pics. This unit could stand a SoftStart or a Micro Aire Easy Start kit to make for a smoother, low draw startup. My older model Dometic Penguin made quite a good thump when the compressor started, now you can barely hear the compressor (the fan noise is another issue however).

Charles

Reminds me of a neighbor. he had a Carrier unit that was very noisy.> Well I joined him on the roof and the blower end of Thing.. The blower was cracked all the way to the hub.
Late Friday afternoon. No place to buy a replacement within an hour's drive.
Wait a minute.. Back to Ground. back to myRV, open basement, grab replacement Carrier Blower (Genuine article) and he's good to cool.
(When I scrapped my first carrier I kept the blower, blower motor and fan)

Reminds me of a neighbor. he had a Carrier unit that was very noisy.> Well I joined him on the roof and the blower end of Thing.. The blower was cracked all the way to the hub.
Late Friday afternoon. No place to buy a replacement within an hour's drive.
Wait a minute.. Back to Ground. back to myRV, open basement, grab replacement Carrier Blower (Genuine article) and he's good to cool.
(When I scrapped my first carrier I kept the blower, blower motor and fan)
You're as bad as I am. A few years back I was having a problem with one of my furnaces. My RV guy gave me a handful of good used circuit boards. Turns out the problem was just a bad connection, so I tossed the boards into my spare parts bin. Ended up needing one about a year later and gave one to my bro-in-law shortly after that. I've still got two spares I think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom