Loosing weight, can't get past two hundred.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey I lost two lbs, still not past 200.

geocaching sounds fun do you eat them.. ;)

Just Don pulling another leg..

Hi All,

I recorded my weight last Sunday and will post my gains (or hopefully loss) here after this coming Sunday. After that I will post once every couple of weeks so as not to bore people.

I bought some weight watcher's food items at Wally World and will try to use those for my diet. Some of these are very good tasting so no problem here. Main problem is the micro brewery in town which I visit a couple of times a week. Good beer with lots of  calories. I suspect that many here have an adult beverage during the day and that adds up to lots of extra calories. Does for me. Best to all!

camperAL said:
Main problem is the micro brewery in town which I visit a couple of times a week. Good beer with lots of  calories. I suspect that many here have an adult beverage during the day and that adds up to lots of extra calories. Does for me. Best to all!

What I do is use stuff like that for my reward when I hit a goal.  So, if I was 200 shooting for 160, at 180 I would reward myself.  Then again at 160.  I get on a scale daily, and use a pedometer, to make sure I don't slip.  My goal is 10,000 steps a day.  One thing I noticed, when my daily 10,000 steps a day are reached, plateaus are usually broken through in about two weeks.  And my discipline is strengthened when there is a reward waiting for me when I reach a goal.

99WinAdventurer37G said:
And my discipline is strengthened when there is a reward waiting for me when I reach a goal.

That sounds like good advice setting a goal and reward.

Some of us is trying to drop below 270 or so. Is there any hope for the queen sized folks? I am getting upset. Sorry.

UncleShiloh said:
Some of us is trying to drop below 270 or so. Is there any hope for the queen sized folks? I am getting upset. Sorry.
My brother started at 320 and made it down to 180 with diet and exercise.  My sister also lost over 100 lbs.  So it's doable.  As I've heard others say, I didn't gain it overnight, and won't lose it that way either.  There is hope for anyone that is persistent and consistent at living a healthy life style.

SargeW said:
  It was easier when I was younger........

Ain't that the truth!  When I was 20, I could easily take off a pound a day.  So I got in the habit of waiting til I had about 5 or 10 lbs to lose, then hit it for about 10 days, with just diet alone.

Now, at 50+, I'm doing well to take just 2 lbs off in a week.  And that is with diet AND strenuous exercise.

Exercise is probably more important than diet for us seniors.  Muscle burns more calories.  When I was in my early 50's I still had a few. 
I've read that weight bearing exercise is the key.  Walking is great for cardio, but serious work with iron will do more to assist with the weight loss. 

Paul, they forgot part B of that table.  That would be how much you need to eat to gain 1 pound.  It's very easy to gain weight while walking if you're not watching your food intake.  That said, if you can walk 17 miles a day, you won't have a lot of time to eat.  :)

garyb1st said:
Paul, they forgot part B of that table.  That would be how much you need to eat to gain 1 pound.  It's very easy to gain weight while walking if you're not watching your food intake.  That said, if you can walk 17 miles a day, you won't have a lot of time to eat.  :)

I think that is the same idea on the amount of water my doctor has me drinking.  When I drink the required amount of water, I'm not hungry enough to have that second helping. 

When I was in Basic Training, I ate like a pig, 3 huge meals a day. But, we walked and walked and walked everywhere. I lost 10 pounds and 3 sizes. So I am a big fan of walking.

Wendy

Wendy said:
When I was in Basic Training, I ate like a pig, 3 huge meals a day. But, we walked and walked and walked everywhere. I lost 10 pounds and 3 sizes. So I am a big fan of walking.

Wendy

When I was in basic Training, I ran, and ran, and ran.  They wouldn't let us walk, and when we were running they always wanted us to carry something.  And they were not open to suggestions. 

When I went in, it was still the Women's Army Corps. It switched to regular Army while I was in basic. One day we were walking and laughed at the guys who were running. From then on, we ran, ran, ran. I think I need to re-up until I lose my last 10 pounds.

Wendy

Wendy said:
When I went in, it was still the Women's Army Corps. It switched to regular Army while I was in basic. One day we were walking and laughed at the guys who were running. From then on, we ran, ran, ran. I think I need to re-up until I lose my last 10 pounds.

Wendy

I think that would kill me now.  Maybe that's why they have that 35yo age limit for boot camp.

99WinAdventurer37G said:
When I was in basic Training, I ran, and ran, and ran.  They wouldn't let us walk, and when we were running they always wanted us to carry something.

My Navy basic was in Bainbridge, MD -- in January. For the first week we ran with M1's over our heads. The second week our company was asked if any of us played trumpet, french horn, or baritone -- or drums. 4 of us tried out and two us were not faking that we could play. So for the remaining 10 weeks of basic, my friend and I practiced with one valve bugles as part of the Bainbridge drum and bugle corps -- while the rest of the company ran with M1's over their heads.  8)

I enjoyed the running, kinda like Forrest Gump except I wanted to be able to run-away from something. I remember even in high school I would screw up so coach would make me run laps instead of playing some silly game.

Just Don said:
Hey I lost two lbs, still not past 200.

geocaching sounds fun do you eat them.. ;)

Just Don pulling another leg..

Greetings,

I think those of us who would like to do a group effort of weight loss, should send our information to Just Don each week or two and he can post our progress or lack of, (if you want to do this Don). Idea is so we don't take up too much band width on here for this project.

I'll report my first weeks effort. Sorry to say I am up a pound. I will combine some exercise and count calories a bit more carefully next two weeks then report in.

UncleShiloh Said:

Hope you will join in and not give up. Small steps and having a partner (or partners here) always helps. I'll post my calorie book my doctor gave to me to help me out. He mentioned that not eating 400 calories out of my total each day is enough to loose 2 lbs a week for me. We're in your corner UncleShiloh!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom