Lots Of Clutter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
https://konmari.com/

I can sympathize with you.
I'm not good at it, but I admire simple, clean, and clutter free living
but I was trained to be a packrat
and my wife is a packrat too.

I packrat stuff, but try to keep things in their place..... she on the other hand is more about easy access and leaving things close and out.  It's a struggle.

I'm really trying to embrace the letting go of stuff, even though I'm not working towards full timing or downsizing any time soon....

But the book by marie Kondo was suggested to me when we were moving my father in law into assisted living.  Simple read, simple concept...but there is value in it.

We are making the move to fulltime in a couple months. Luckily we have known this day was coming for several years. One thing I can say from experience is if you do plan on having a yard sale - call it an estate sale not  yard sale! Do it Thurs-Sat. We did 2 sales last year. The first was a "yard sale" Sat & Sun made a whopping $500. The second was an "estate sale" Thur-Sat (mostly the same stuff that didn't sell at the yard sale) made over $3000. Don't think that because no one is dead that it isn't an estate sale. After all, it is everything you aren't taking. The reason for Thur & Fri is people who set up at flea markets and such can't "shop" on the weekends. We are getting ready to have our final sale - the MOVING SALE! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom