Louisiana grocery stores

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ziplock

This one interests me, is it any good?

@Kirk
@Onyrlef
anyone?

I will be in the area in May,
when heading from New Orleans to Beaumont Texas.

Is there a better recommendation for the meat they sell?

Looking for seafood markets on the way also.

Thanks!

This one interests me, is it any good?

@Kirk
@Onyrlef
anyone?

I will be in the area in May,
when heading from New Orleans to Beaumont Texas.

Is there a better recommendation for the meat they sell?

Looking for seafood markets on the way also.

Thanks!
We’re leaving (hopefully) on Friday headed towards Louisiana. I read this is a pretty good stop as well : Plate Lunches - Hebert's Specialty Meats

We’ll check that place out as well!

My wife often goes there (we live in west Louisiana, and she has to go to Baton Rouge for work several times per year), they have some good stuff, so does Don's just west of Lafayette on I-10. Best Stop is more home style, Don's is a bit more commercial.

p.s. if you want a working class cajun food, try Hollier's on Ruth Street about 3/4 mile north of I-10 in Sulphur, Louisiana. They have a gravel parking lot next to the building on the south side, which will likely have enough room for RV's if you don't get there at the lunch or dinner rush (work trucks often park there)

Frog city Cafe has a good menu . Seafood, frog legs. Etc.
As for Boudin, cracklings etc there are a ton of shops that make and sell them along I 10. It really comes down to a matter of taste preferences as all the makers vary the amount of a particular spice. Try a few different places. Along the route.
Beaux bridge has quite a few good restaurants as well

If you are getting off I-10 for your east/west transit of south Louisiana using TX-12/LA-12 and US-190 another place with interesting Boudin, or at least fried Boudin Balls is the truck stop / gas station at the intersection of LA26 and US-190 in Elton. They do a large, almost softball size Boudin ball with a flaky breading on the outside. Not really worth going out of the way for, but if passing by and I am hungry I will certain stop for it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom