low-point drain location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud01234

My RV dealer is closed until next Monday and it's supposed to get below freezing starting day after tomorrow. He usually does my winterizing, but I'm going to at least have to drain my lines, hot water heater, and fresh water tank.

I have a 1998 National Dolphin gasser, and I know how to drain the hot water heater and how to shut the valve to bypass it from the system, but not sure how to gravity drain the fresh water tank and lines. (the water pump quit working on my return trip to Cincinnati from florida, so can't pump water out.)

anybody familiar with the location of the low point drain?  need to drain the lines and tank today- getting down to 25 tonight.

Any help appreciated.
Bud

If you know where your tank is, the drain would be somewhere close to that. Typically within a few inches.  If the tank is under a bed, the valve may have to be accessed from under the bed. As far as the low point drains, you'll have to crawl under the rig and look for two pipes that will be side by side. They may have caps on the ends of them, valves or you may have to go inside and search directly above the pipes for the valves. They could be behind a drawer or cabinet.

Without working water pump and RV antifreeze, you might have to use air pressure to drain system, but you still need to find low points and drain tank.  Perhaps the best answer is turn on the heat until dealer can service.

Back
Top Bottom