Lower 48

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a brutal homecoming but at least you are rid of her. And you have a freshly decorated house. I would hate to be a landlord, I have rented for many years and saw some doozies.

You may have a case for criminal charges. Certainly civil ones.

I hope you took pictures when you got home in case you need to file insurance claims in the future.

Good riddance to her.

Lynx0849 said:
You may have a case for criminal charges. Certainly civil ones.
Ya, good luck collecting.  Sounds like a crackhead. 
The important thing is: You have a standing house, and space for these times.  Kids have rooms, showers, of I bet they sit on the jon for an hour and do their homework.  hehe.  Good luck with your fixes. 
ps: what's wrong with the dryer? they are usually simple to fix.

Amanda, I am so sorry to hear about what you came back to after running into the virus while on the road and having to cut your trip short. This is the last thing you need after the nerves of the trip with all the closings around the country.

Your experience tells me I make the correct decision of not renting out my house regardless of how long I am going to be away from it.

So glad to hear you made it home.  Nothing like a little excitement to end a trip - but it all sounds fixable which is good.

ArdraF

We're happy, we have the house back, we have our dog back, we bought 3 shopping carts worth of food so we can avoid the stores for as long as possible and picked up paint while we were at Walmart so we'll paint and get it back to normal. I also ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon (like curtains and a shower curtain) to complete the process.

RVMommaTo6 said:
We're happy, we have the house back, we have our dog back, we bought 3 shopping carts worth of food so we can avoid the stores for as long as possible and picked up paint while we were at Walmart so we'll paint and get it back to normal. I also ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon (like curtains and a shower curtain) to complete the process.

Reminds me of this

https://youtu.be/mEj4_iN1tiw

RVMommaTo6 said:
Lol lol, pretty much!

Momma,

One of the positives of being back at the house is, you have a whole bunch of live in Gardener's and House Keeping Help. 

Don't be posting no pictures of yourself wearing any gardening or dishes gloves.  ;)

Those kids will be Thanking You, for the rest of their lives.  Literally.. in their great thoughts, "Bank of Memories."  Great memories are the best.

Trust me...I still remember the 1/2 way across country trip TX to Washington, DC, with the Starcraft crank up, double bed slide, canvas top camper 47 years ago. 

To this day, including right now, I still smile and laugh thinking back on that 3 week trip.  I was blessed with GREAT Parents also. 

I need to go back and revisit your Blog, so I can steal some of your inspiration of places we might want to visit in the hopefully near future....

as you plan..Your Pack's next Adventure!  :)

I bet you already are plotting the next one.  :)

Jackie...RF, YTvid? OK I get it.

JD

No plans for a next one in the near future but I do have a list of places I still want to get to. For now, my house is my adventure lol, cloroxing everything head to toe, painted 2 rooms, painting a third today, reassembling furniture etc

jackiemac said:
JD - you get your house back, dog back, first heart attack back.....  great song.

Thanks for the share! I Definitely Book Marked it.  :):))  Picks up the Tempo / Spirit for sure!

Love me some HW Jr., Too!

Here is a Full Album for you.  Only Country Album I ever bought.  I love Classic Rock, but...

My Country Entire Album Fav

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as_Avp1tGAQ

My Single hwjr fav..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ji_byLzeBk

X-Roughneck said:
Thanks for the share! I Definitely Book Marked it.  :):))  Picks up the Tempo / Spirit for sure!

Love me some HW Jr., Too!

Here is a Full Album for you.  Only Country Album I ever bought.  I love Classic Rock, but...

My Country Entire Album Fav

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as_Avp1tGAQ

My Single hwjr fav..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ji_byLzeBk
Interesting choice for a rock man.  What rock do you like?

jackiemac said:
Interesting choice for a rock man.  What rock do you like?

Jackie,

I like county out of immersion/ forced exposure to it.  Never listened to it in my life before I worked the oil Fields.  I use to work for a old man he loved Black Velvet Whisky (after work) and Country Music (in his car) which we got a steady, mandatory, daily dose round tripping our 100 mile one way journey riding in his old Caddy to the Oil Rigs.  Back in those days Rock was played on Albums in your friends rooms with hardly any air play.  At least down here in the West Texas Desert. 

Loved that Rascal Flatts link...Never listened to them until the other day.  I realized now after your share who sang the "Broken Road"....I love that song

My Classic Rock line up just a few of my Favs..

Big fan of the 70s stuff, and later #1 Aerosmith is my main stay, with Bryan Adams believe it or not a close #2.  Some of my many favorites....AC/CD (W/Bon Scott Fronting)- High Voltage Fav Album of theirs, Van Halen all line ups, Motley Crue, Legz Diamond (Ever heard of them)?, Bon Jovi, Ted Nugent, Scorpions ......  Old 60s rock...CCR. 

We use to go to concerts as kids in the bigger cities near by.  Nothing came to my one horse town.  We hit the first 3 years of the Texxas Jams at the Cotton Bowl, 78,79,80, 86.  Here is a poster I had blown up from a picture I got from Vernon Gowdy Rock Photographer. I bought a bunch of smaller crowd shots and finally found our faces in the pic...got the poster blown up for my computer room. 

We had some memorable times at those shows. Once drove 100 + miles home in my Buddies Pick Up Truck around midnight with no Head Lights from Midland TX, Chaparral Center after Highway to Hell AC/DC Tour.  The Truth is stranger than fiction. We were following a friend closely. 

I have been to alot of shows, live, but ACDC was the only concert that was so loud my ears were ringing for 3 days straight. 

Went to a couple early Van Halen Shows in 78-79 and the one in Midland, TX was the time the people barricade broke from pushing (Plywood fronting across length of stage) I got my head and face smashed against the stage and a Big Cut on the hand where it was stuck in the bracing behind the barricade.  I heard it creaking and knew it was getting ready to break, but I was at a 45 degree angle at the time pulling myself to the very front next to the stage.  I was lucky after the surge forward when the barracade broke the sea of humanity backed off.  We were employing concert seating arrive late and smash your way to the front.  It was a little trick we learned going to concerts at the Cotton Bowl with 100K people in attendance.

Legz Diamond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4phPDHyFuMM 

Attachments

• Texxas Jam 1-1 JUL 78.jpg
    Texxas Jam 1-1 JUL 78.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 18
I love Bryan Adams and some of the other rock guys.  Some of those concerts sound a bit frightening!  I will listen to that, not heard of them.

Absolute worst concert I ever went to was Van Halen in Phoenix, in '79  or '80.
The opening act was something called The Fabulous Poodles.  Very Devo style band, and not at all what the fans were there for.  They sailed a copy of their album out into the crowd, and whoever caught it, sailed it back.  They were finally booed off the stage.
When VH finally came on David Lee Roth was so hammered he couldn't hardly remember the songs.

Old_Crow said:
Absolute worst concert I ever went to was Van Halen in Phoenix, in '79  or '80.
The opening act was something called The Fabulous Poodles.  Very Devo style band, and not at all what the fans were there for.  They sailed a copy of their album out into the crowd, and whoever caught it, sailed it back.  They were finally booed off the stage.
When VH finally came on David Lee Roth was so hammered he couldn't hardly remember the songs.

Old_Rocker  ;)

I mean Old Crow,

I think the Texxas Jam 1 at the Cotton Bowl in 1978 was Van Halen's First Really Big Gig, and they were hitting on all cylinders, ROCKING the HOUSE! Their First, and my vote for their best, album was just released a few months earlier...They played at around 1100 AM, all day all night Concert for $12 or $15, the heavy hitters of the Day of Rock and Roll were there, but VH stole the show!  Cheech and Chong entertained the crowds between events in the afternoon.  We were on about the 10 yard line, the stage was on the goal line. 

They played the entire first Album and they had the Crowd (100,000 Sardine Canned Floor, Packed to the Gills, Cotton Bowl, Dallas TX) Ignited chanting and shaking our youthful Fists in the air for the Chorus.  I have been to big sporting events but I have never been in a more Electric, Plugged into Life Event. Electric is a great adjective... 

When we saw them in 2013ish a Different Kind of Truth Tour, David Lee was a former shell of himself, Voice was terrible, and I bought TIX in the Nose Bleed sections of San Antonio's ATT Center.  Hot, Hot Up towards the top.  I should have known better, this is TX, It must have been summer time too.  We left early.  Not good.

Love thinking back go memorable times of our youth though....

JD

JD, Broken Road is my song to my kids. I had kids years ago, got them as babies, it was supposed to be an adoptive placement, had them for 3 years and then they were unexpectedly sent back to their birth parents. I didn't even get to say goodbye, they went and picked them up from preschool and kindergarten. At the time, I didn't think could possibly go on. But that painful road led to me being the mom to my kids.

Jackie, I saw Bryan Adams in concert!

RVMommaTo6 said:
JD, Broken Road is my song to my kids. I had kids years ago, got them as babies, it was supposed to be an adoptive placement, had them for 3 years and then they were unexpectedly sent back to their birth parents. I didn't even get to say goodbye, they went and picked them up from preschool and kindergarten. At the time, I didn't think could possibly go on. But that painful road led to me being the mom to my kids.

Jackie, I saw Bryan Adams in concert!

Oh that's so sad and a terrible way to treat you.

I'm jealous!!  Hes touring this year but unlikely I will see him but you never know.

Back
Top Bottom