Lower 48

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amanda,

Is everything ready for  your family trip? 

Have you made all your reservations?

So exciting!

ziplock said:
Amanda,

Is everything ready for  your family trip? 

Have you made all your reservations?

So exciting!
I'm so excited! Every day is a little more prep work, but I'm getting there. The trip plans are done for the most part. Reservations are made, tickets are bought, route is planned. RV is bought and set up, the weekend of May 11, I'm getting it inspected and un-winterizing it. I bought the toad, but still have to purchase the dolly. We've done an inventory of everyone's clothes and got everything we need. The biggest thing I've been working on lately is packing up my house. I'm storing everything in the attic and renting it out. So in the next couple weeks I'm installing locks on doors and have to do some repairs. Slowly but surely, emotionally I'm beyond ready!

I've tweaked my original itinerary. Here's what I'm planning now.
July 31 Presque Isle, PA
Aug 7 Cuyahoga Valley NP
Aug 8 Cedar Point
Aug 9 Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Aug 14 Green Bay
Aug 16 Minneapolis
Aug 19 Fargo
Aug 20 Bismarck
Aug 21 Badlands NP
Aug 25 Mt Rushmore
Aug 26 Grand Teton NP
Aug 28 Yellowstone NP
Sept 8 Missoula, Montana
Sept 10 Glacier NP
Sept 14 Spokane
Sept 15 North Cascades NP
Sept 17 Seattle
Sept 23 Mt Rainier NP
Sept 25 Olympic NP
Sept 29 Portland
Oct 1 Crater Lake NP
Oct 2 Redwood NP
Oct 5 Lassen Volcanic NP
Oct 7 Lake Tahoe
Oct 12 San Francisco
Oct 18 Yosemite NP
Oct 24 King Canyon/Sequoia NPs
Oct 27 Big Sur and Pacific Highway
Oct 29 Hearst Castle
Oct 29 L.A./ Hollywood/ Disneyland
Nov 10 San Diego
Nov 20 Joshua Tree NP
Nov 22 Death Valley NP
Nov 24 Las Vegas
Dec 3 Hoover Dam
Dec 4 Grand Canyon NP
Dec 10 Canyon de Chelly
Dec 11 Four Corners
Dec 12 Mesa Verde NP
Dec 14 Canyonland NP
Dec 15 Arches NP, Moab
Dec 17 Capitol Reef NP
Dec 18 Bryce Canyon NP
Dec 20 Zion NP
Dec 22 Salt Lake City
Dec 26 Black Canyon NP
Dec 27 Great Sand Dunes NP
Dec 29 Albuquerque
Jan 1 Roswell
Jan 2 Carlsbad Caverns NP
Jan 3 Guadalupe Mtns NP
Jan 4 Big Bend NP
Jan 5 San Antonio
Jan 10 Austin
Jan 11 Houston
Jan 17 New Orleans
Jan 28 Tampa
Feb 4 Everglades NP
Feb 6 Key West
Feb 7 Ft Lauderdale
Feb 14 St Augustine
Feb 18 Savannah
Feb 25 Nashville
March 3 Memphis
March 9 Arkansas
March 11 Oklahoma
March 14 Kansas
March 18 Nebraska
March 22 Iowa
March 26 St Louis
April 2 Mammoth Cave NP
April 5 Lexington
April 13 Charlotte, NC
April 14 Myrtle beach
April 20 Outer Banks, NC
April 22 Virginia Beach
May 5 Dewey/ Rehoboth beach
May 13 Six Flags NJ
May 19 Lancaster/ Hershey/ Gettysburg

Let's see how close I get to actually following it!

Hi Amanda,
If you have time in your schedule, it might be worth visiting the Grand Coulee dam. Amazing laser show over the dam and the tour is free. Excellent visitors center which explains a lot more than just the construction.

I will second seeing Grand Coulee Dam, it is a very impressive example of engineering, if only it was not in the middle of nowhere.

I am very much enjoying your blog.  It will be great to follow all winter while you are having fun and we are just doing the same ole thing, like shoveling snow and going to work and shoveling snow and going to work and....????...hahahahahahha

Waving at you!  Thanks for thinking about doing that blog!

I was off line for a few days, but it's going great! There have been some frustrating moments while I learn the ropes, but the good times far outweigh those moments. We're in Manistique, Michigan, right now and heading to Green Bay, Wisconsin, this afternoon. The Upper Peninsula is gorgeous, I would have loved to stay much longer. (I have a feeling that's going to be a common theme on this trip!) I try to keep my blog up to date, it would be a lot easier to do if I had another driver lol, but I'll post daily the next couple days to get caught up.

Hi Amanda,
We have always found it to be the case, that we don't "see" all there is (in fact we "skip" many attractions, to see the "big stuff") to see and do.  All I can say is, we make notes of those places we skipped over and plan a future trip.  8)  Maybe after 20 years of touring the lower 48 we might be able to "skim the surface".

Enjoy the time with the kids and safe travels.

Thanks! Yeah I'll definitely need at least a second trip. 10 months is just not going to cut it for me. If it weren't for the kids, and maybe Mark, I wouldn't have an end date.

Our first trip around the country included the upper Peninsula and it was one of the places we returned to years later to explore more thoroughly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom