LP detector beeping... sometimes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kburlar

Hello:

We took the RV out for an hour long ride this past weekend.  And also let it sit in the yard with the generator running for 45 minutes with the TV on and an electric heater.

When we were driving it, the LP detector kept beeping.  One beep every 30 seconds.  LP gas is off and has been for 3+ months.

While it sat with the generator running, no beep.

I pushed the test button while the generator was running.  It squawked at me like it should.  The detector is under the dinette table.  Any ideas why it would only beep while driving?

Thanks,

KB

A periodic low beep may mean low voltage to the detector. Not sure why it would be only while driving, though.

However, gasses other than propane will set off the LP detector, but you should have heard the alarm squawk.

We had a similar problem in our Itasca.  After doing quite a bit of research and calling the sensor manufacture we were told that since it was almost 5 years old it should be replaced.  No problem since then.

Hope this helps

I have taken mine apart and blew the dust out a few times. That has stopped the beeping.

KB,

As Gary mentioned, it sounds like you might be getting a low voltage condition to the detector. Perhaps there is a bad power connection that becomes intermittent when the coach is moving.

Propane detectors can be set off by many aerosol sprays. Hair spray is notorious for doing this. My wife would set ours off everyday until I convinced her to open the vent while spraying.  Methane gas from animals can also do it.:)

Margi,

Dusty still lives in our hearts. I tell that story every time I do an orientation. Not one person has failed to laugh. I even changed the attitude of one wife that was not happy about her husband's purchase. Once I told the Dusty story she smiled through the rest of the orientation. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom