Made Reservations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kportra

I made a few camping reservations the other day.  Winter can stop now!  Come on Spring! 

One local USFS campground we love was already booked for all weekends through mid-August so we decided on a mid-week trip.  The other reservations were for a longer stint of over a week.  I am so excited!

Anyone else cursing the snow?

Here in Indiana, local camping, ya better book 6 months out if you want the premium sites.  Christmas time I'm already scouting friends and family on their thoughts for next summer.  Yes we got snow, and are headed below zero tonight.  I'm especially excited because I have a new F150 on order right now.

Isaac-1 said:
What is snow?

Isn't that the stuff those southern calaphonians used to snort up their noses in the 70's?

Well, I'm with OP - I curse that snow, too!

We don't see that so much down heah in Floreda!

It's 4:30 - time to muddle some mint leaves and sugar to make my afternoon mint julep!

May the winter go fast, the Spring be welcoming, the road be smooth and new friends be smiling.

Yep, no snow while we're down here in Florida, but we expect enough next winter up north that we're already making our state park reservations here as soon as the 11 month windows open. Our Georgia state park reservations are already completed since they have a 13 month window. The 6 month window for the national parks though, can make it a little difficult when trying to work out a travel schedule for mixed stays.

Ok, I give in I know what snow is, we had a whole inch or so of it twice in one year just a few years ago here in western Louisiana.  Though that sort of thing is a once in 50 year event, we will see a light dusting maybe every 2 or 3 years here, and flurries for a few minutes that don't stick most years.

I even remember once when the ponds around here iced over, and we had to break the ice on family cattle ranch by driving out onto it with tractors so the cows could drink.  That was the winter of 1985 or maybe 1986 when it stayed below freezing here for almost a week.  I had a great uncle that passed away that winter that was born in 1900, that had never seen ponds freeze over in Louisiana, so once in the last 100 years or more.

We are loving this cool weather, but thankful only a little snow

Attachments

• Cool outside.JPG
    Cool outside.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 15
Moved from the West Coast to Minnesota last summer. The climate here is absolutely miserable and it kills me to have to park the RV in storage for almost half the year. Spring can't come fast enough and by then hopefully we'll have found a way to get the hell outta here!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom