Magellan Roadmate RV9490T-LMB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amen

I just bought a Magellan Roadmate RV9490T-LMB... It is a refurbed unit.. plugged it in to the computer..tried to update and it is just flickering..I did make an account with Smart GPS Eco.  Any suggestions? Haven't contacted Magellan yet. How do you get the battery out of it? I don't have it with me right now... I'm at work..it's at home. But any suggestions? I can't return it.

Was it functioning correctly when you first got it??

Not sure about Magellan units, but the battery cannot be removed in many, for example, a Garmin. They can be charged by a separate charger by plugging into a 120V wall outlet or from the car (12V) or a computer but the computer USB connection (5V) is very slow charging if it charges at all (at least in my Garmins). With mine, I have to double check each time I turn it off to be sure it is, otherwise the battery runs down quite quickly even though the screen is blank. (I have never tried to remove the batteries in either of mine so I don't know if the battery portion is removable as a unit and replaceable or not. The Garmin reference material says NO).

Googling "charge magellan roadmate" reveals many different articles on the subject: Most seem to say you should charge it from the 12V adapter from the car. You can find the manual here if you don't have one:

http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=461&nav=0,388,415

It will take approximately 4 - 6 hours to fully charge the battery using the supplied vehicle power adapter. You may also charge your device using a USB cable however the rate of charge will take much longer than 4 - 6 hours. When charging the device battery using a USB cable power the unit off.

Alfa38User said:
Was it functioning correctly when you first got it??)

It seemed to be but the battery was low and it started shutting down shortly after powering it up. Maybe it needs to be totally charged

Finally got it to work. Had to make sure the battery was fully charged. Only then could I do an update. Also paired phone with it so I can get traffic, weather and up to date gas prices. I will say...it's not very intuitive. Google maps is better...Gas buddy is better...AccuWeather is better... Too bad there isn't a way to pair up an ipad or a tablet to your phone so it would mirror what your phone sees without having to get another data plan for it.

Back
Top Bottom