Mahoney on way to Oregon...by going east

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I'd better try it while we still have tomatoes from the garden.  Sounds a bit like a favorite grilled open face sandwich Tom's Mom used to make with cheese, tomatoes (salted and peppered) and crisp bacon slices.  She served it for lunch, but I guess it would work for breakfast, too.

Margi

rhmahoney said:
Made it 300 miles to Kearney NE, misty all the way, 55F.
Cheyenne WY is 300 m away and 6000 ft, good test of my ability to cross the rockies.

Sorry that we won't be in SLC when you go through.  The call of the ocean was just to great to stay home.

PhilB

Since we left Russ and Des Moines with fresh tomatoes. we've had the best BLT breakfast sandwiches, three or four times! It's now one of our favorites, especially when the bacon is slow cooked on her waiting new induction range.  ::)

I hate all you people and your garden fresh tomatoes. I may even stay home next summer so I can have my garden.

Wendy

400 miles on a sunny day 75F?Hard to beat.
Happily onsite at Terry Bison Ranch S side of Cheyenne WY. When I pulled in here I called the office because they looked full. Nope, still lots of empty sites. Desk lady took my credit card over the phone and told me to use any site! Easiest check-in ever.
Now on O2. O2 saturation drops to lower 90s at 6000 ft!

9/19 Cheyenne to N of Salt lake City 455 miles and a sore butt.
Sunny and pretty cumulus clouds. Lots of antelope?first wildlife of the trip.
Second night of boondocking and second time batteries died early. Generator fired right up and had to run it all night.

9/20 Utah to Caldwell ID 310 miles, sunny 80F boring. Will be overnighting in CGs from now on.

9/21 wed 420 miles to Eugene area, 2,000 miles total. Happily unexciting day. Glad trip is over.
Made appts for next week, Going to Sutherland for weekend.
Premier rv resorts formerly coberg hills
I-5 exit 199, east side
541-686-3152
50 amp flat sites asphalt

Glad you are there without incident.  Thanks for keeping all of us updated.  Greet all the Framily at Sutherland for us.

Russ should arrive in Sutherlin about noon today.  Let the henpecking begin!  ;D

Margi

Isn't it nice to know that wherever you go, someone will take care of you? Enjoy Oregon and enjoy the henpecking/care.

Wendy

The only problem with this is that there aren't enough of Russell's wives at Sutherlin to do a really good henpecking!  ;)  You gals are just going have to do extra to cover for the rest of us.  ::)

Glad you made it safely, Russ.  Have fun.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
The only problem with this is that there aren't enough of Russell's wives at Sutherlin to do a really good henpecking!  ;)

Au contraire mon ami.  ;)  What Helaine and I lack in numbers we make up in enthusiasm and dedication.  ;D 

Hisself is now safely parked in a lot to the rear of ours.  He's resting right now and at 4:00 pm Lankfords, Hepworths, Mahoney and Binningers will assemble on our lot for some serious catching up.

Margi

I bow to the experts!  You have longer at it than I do!  ;D  And Connie ought to be pretty good at it too!  ::)

Have a great evening!

ArdraF

Wish I could be there.  But I will say Russ did take advice and travel reasonable days on this journey.

We left our cabin in ID this afternoon and traveled 93 miles.  I think I have this retirement thing down now.  Crock pot smelling up coach with saurkraut and pork ribs.  Well maybe I don't wish I was in Oregon.  Life is good.  Do keep us up with the Forum Rally details and photos.

Betty
Along the Clark Fork River in Montana boondocking, heading to Ennis MT. 

We missed you and Terry, too, Betty!  Hope to see you next spring.  Sheila June - Russ delivered your hug to Tom, as promised.  ;D  Russ arrived tired, but in good shape.  We had a grand time catching up at happy hour.

Attachments

• Connie and Russ.JPG
    Connie and Russ.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Norm and Wally.JPG
    Norm and Wally.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Russ and Norm.JPG
    Russ and Norm.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Margi and Helaine.JPG
    Margi and Helaine.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Group.JPG
    Group.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 41
Nice pics. And it looks like a nice park. Think we'll have to get over that way next time we're in Oregon.

Wendy
Cortez CO

Wendy said:
Nice pics. And it looks like a nice park. Think we'll have to get over that way next time we're in Oregon.

Wendy
Cortez CO

I hope you do just that, Wendy.  It would be great to see you.  There is more to be seen of the park, town, activities, etc. on the website that Helaine has recently breathed life into.  www.timbervalleyskp.com

Margi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Khenry88
Back
Top Bottom