Mahoney return to Iowa via Washington DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Keep checking in, Russ ... you know I keep tabs on wherever you are traveling -- especially when you leave Betty and Terry's loving care. :D  Enjoy the rels in Iowa City and say hi to Jeanette for us.  This is our second summer away from Iowa, and I miss it.  Good people and good places.  :D

Margi

I'm in Iowa City area at relatives this week and to DSM by end of next week. There are a few trees with fall color...looking really odd in the 85 degree heat! Due to cool way off in a couple of days.

Added Virginia, W Virginia, and Kentucky to my map on the trip west.

Planned to use the dotted line roads through the Appalachian mts. Reality soon intruded!
I entered at Harpers ferry and went west on US 50 acoss the grain. cresting the "hills at 30 mph with 15+ cars behind me soon cured me of that plan, so I turned south on WV220 along a valley. Very scenic but the lane was narrower than my rig. I was very happy to turn west on WV55 a quasi-freeway with easy grades. But it quit in a chaos of construction and I had to use ordinary roads the rest of the way to I-79 and the capitol of Charleston where I could overnight at a Walmart. The higher elevations had some very good fall color in about 5-10% of the trees.

Finally broke out of the green tunnel effect near Lexington and the big rich horse farms. After that it was smooth sailing into Iowa.

Hi Russ,

Glad you hit Iowa.  We are in Pennsylvania and wiill visit Hershey's tomrrow.  Visited Baseball Hall of Fame Museum in Cooperstown NY yesterday.  Great!  We saw lots of colors  on trees .  I love fall.  I do not enjoy this rainy weather here in PA but the  $10 per night cost of the Elks club is very pleasant. Keep in touch.

Betty

Hi Betty we did that tour last week and it wasn't what I thought it would be. They don't let you go into the area were they make the candy. They have bus trip around town, a move, and a BIG gift shop.

We are in North Carolina now and we're going to some NASCAR shops today, first is Michael Waltrip Race World USA

Back
Top Bottom