Maiden Voyage(s) & Lessons Learned!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched a guy pull out of a campground the other day.  Had one of those very tall 5ers.  Also had the satellite dish standing tall and proud on the tallest part of the 5er roof. 
Somebody caught him when he stopped at the store across the street.

I once drove to and from the dump station at the park I was staying at with my OTA  tv antenna cranked up.  I got away with it because there's no overhead utility lines at Ft. Pickens.

Many times driven away with steps down and or assist handle out. Had our fifth wheel at the factory once. I had welded a receiver hitch to the frame on the rear and installed one of the wire mesh carriers that we put our bikes on. Got a few blocks from the factory, turned a corner and the carrier slid up beside the trailer with bikes still attached. Pulled over and found that the factory folks did not put the pin back in for the carrier.

Oldgator73 said:
Many times driven away with steps down and or assist handle out. Had our fifth wheel at the factory once. I had welded a receiver hitch to the frame on the rear and installed one of the wire mesh carriers that we put our bikes on. Got a few blocks from the factory, turned a corner and the carrier slid up beside the trailer with bikes still attached. Pulled over and found that the factory folks did not put the pin back in for the carrier.
  lol in flying we call it a pre flight check list....

Not RV related but how many of us have been to a drive in movie and witnessed folks pulling out with the speaker still attached to the window.

This post resonates on a lot of levels for me, being the newcomer I am to RVing.
As a kid I was invited on a camping trip to Lake Shasta in a Class C, and loved the bunk area above the cab. Can even remember seeing kids looking out the front window of it in other RVs while on the highway.
And that memory, along with a couple years in the Boy Scouts on some great camping trips, has led me decades later to trade-in the Hybrid SUV for a GMC truck to tow my Travel Trailer. It does appear that checklists are your friend in setting up and tearing down camp, plus the hook-up of the trailer package. Will plan on taking my time, checking it twice and going slow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom