Man Sucked Thru Hole In RV Floor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe this begs the question as to how safe it is to sit at the dinette or couch while riding in a MH. How about laying in the bed. Do folks let their kids ride in the overcab bunk?

Terrible thing to have happen to anyone, and condolences to his family.
That being said - what a crappy piece of reporting. The reporter can't make up his mind if the vehicle is a motohome or or trailer.
And I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the sucking action that is being blamed here. I question how much vacuum is being generated at --- say 65mph, or even 75mph. I don't know for sure, but I can't imagine the MH traveling much faster than 65.

Just an opinion too early in the morning.

Corky

Doesn't look like he was "sucked out through a hole in the floor" at all.  Looks to me like hitting the left hand guardrail ripped open the sidewall and then, if he hadn't already been pulled out from contact with the rail, when the driver swerved back to the right, he fell out the gaping hole in the side.

It's pretty obvious that the person did not fall through the floor. He must have fallen out the side when the drive turned to the right quickly.

Rene T said:
It's pretty obvious that the person did not fall through the floor. He must have fallen out the side when the drive turned to the right quickly.

Clickbait. We live in a world of sensationalized headlines screaming for attention, each hoping for one more click through. Short of launching that RV into orbit and then punching a hole in the side of it, no one?s getting ?sucked out?.

We passed a burnt out class C yesterday along I-4 between Tampa and Lakeland, burnt all the way to the pavement and almost unrecognizable as an RV....hope no one was hurt in it! 

It would appear that a layer of chipboard and maybe 1/16" of Filon or the equivalent is not quite enough protection a crash.

Oh wait, I forgot the wallpaper!

Back
Top Bottom