Manual slide and jack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimdamedic

I have a Keystone Cougar Xlite, 2016.  I realized not long after I bought the camper that I didn't know where the manual override is for the slides and the front stabilizer jacks. The dealer gave me an uhhhh.  I can't find anything on the Keystone site other than a reference to the slide manufacturer and I don't know the model of the slide.  The manual for the camper is incredibly generic and references the Keystone site, which has nothing.

There is a slide mechanism on top of both the individual slides with cables and pulleys.  I assume it is there, but what would I look for?  Is there a release to allow for manual operation?  The bottom of the camper is sealed and I would have to cut a hole in the insulation if it is under there.

The mechanics for the front jacks are in the front compartment, same kind of deal, I don't really know what I'm looking for.

On my Keystone Hideout the manual crank port for the landing gear is in the driver's side propane compartment. It's up high and covered up with a gob of caulk.

Can't help with the slide but now I'm wondering where mine is...  ::)

Ok on the cable car (Accu-Slide) system the manual override is the other end (non transmission end) of the electric motor. There is no brake, the worm gear drive is "Self Braking" as it were

To operate the override you need a power drill/screwdriver, reversable and variable speed or low speed is best.. I have 3 of those

and a flexible hex extension shaft (Sold for use with screwdriver bits)

The exposed end of the motor shaft is the same size as the standard Screwdriver points for those srewdrivers.

Source: Owner's manual.

I have tested

You also ask about jacks.. Sorry, not enough info to help you there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom