Mattress Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ogstoner1

SHIMO and I purchased our 2012 Layton joey 26ft super slide this summer.Really enjoy it but the mattress is crap.
We put a 3'' topper on but not much better.Not concerned about length,just a good mattress....
Anybody have a solution of comfort so we can get some good sleep?
8)

Thanks,
Greg

Our solution was to install a Denver pillowtop mattress ordered sized to fit the rv...In our case a short queen.
So, find a mattress you like and special order the size you need. We have no regrets and sleep like babies ;-).

We purchased a memory foam mattress on eBay. If memory serves me correctly, it was an 11" that cost a shade over $400.00 shipped. Best money I have spent.

We bought our queen short from a mattress shop in Yuma, it was a memory foam, and we would have traded it with our sticks and bricks one if it wasn't a short.  It was somewhere around that $400 figure quoted

Ed

jneubig said:
We purchased a memory foam mattress on eBay. If memory serves me correctly, it was an 11" that cost a shade over $400.00 shipped. Best money I have spent.

Those are really nice, but I'm trying to forget many of the things I've done, so I sure don't want a mattress to remember.

Hfx_Cdn said:
    We bought our queen short from a mattress shop in Yuma, it was a memory foam, and we would have traded it with our sticks and bricks one if it wasn't a short.  It was somewhere around that $400 figure quoted

Ed

Ditto here. I don't recall where the wife found it. But that was about what we paid, also. It's really great. The foam thing that our trailer came with was on par with a chaise lounge pad that you'd get at Lowe's.

Shop around. But I would not recommend spending more than a few hundred dollars.

Yeah, kinda depends on what you like.  However, we have slept on medium density foam at home for years, and find it just fine.  Recently, we added a 3" memory foam on top, and like that even better.  We ordered a slightly shorter piece of foam for the master bedroom in the trailer.  We have a place in town that custom cuts foam for you in several different grades.  What we got is a bit longer than a 'short' Queen, but shorter than a full Queen (it hangs over the bed platform a bit, but no problem).  We then put a 3" memory foam from Costco on that which I then trimmed with a sharp knife to match the length of the other foam mattress.

Frank.

You can go to Amazon and search for "Mattress Queen RV" to see available choices and customer ratings.  Memory foam is popular of course but personally I have found the foam uncomfortably warm on the ones that I have tried.  On my last trailer, I finally bought an air mattress and DW and I both fell in love with it.  Quality on those, however, is in the pump and valves so be sure to check the customer comments.  Just my experience.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom