Mattress upgrade recommendations wanted.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samthetramp

I realize that mattresses are a matter of personal preference. I'm looking more for recommendations of companies that have great products and customer service as well as companies to stay away from.

Thanks

Sams club sells a Serta memory foam and pillow top combo mattress topper for about $150.  You could put that straight on the plywood platform and it would be comfortable.  We like it on top of our cheap rv mattress almost as much as our home mattress.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/serta-4-inch-pillow-top-and-memory-foam-mattress-topper/prod19720989?xid=plp_product_1_1

Wife got a memory foam topper that was about 1.5" thick and was so soft that you couldn't roll over without a struggle. It was expensive and ended up throwing it out. I'm not looking to spend money on another topper and it definitely has to have a return policy. I'm not a member of either Sam's club or Costco so those are out.

We bought the mattress for our stick house online at Brooklyn Bedding (which is in Phoenix, right?) and are very pleased with both quality and delivery.  Quickly delivered in a box that was actually quite easy to handle (but stand back when you release the straps that keep it compressed!).
We previously bought a Serta thru Sam's Club but were never quite satisfied with it. Sam's has samples in the store to try out and they did ok with sale & delivery, but it just wasn't as comfortable as our previous high quality mattress. We gave it to our daughter (she loves it) and bought the new one online from Brooklyn Bedding (after some research, of course).

I replaced mine with a memory foam mattress from Amazon. Ships in a small box and then expands. Very comfortable. Three years on and it is still fine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q7EPPDA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We use our dinette table area as a full time couch / day bed. Looked at several mattress companies but because the size was odd it was a custom order and the mattress was not returnable and I couldn't try it prior to purchasing.

We had an old sleep by number bed at home which we no longer use and had multiple foam layers. Put one layer under the factory RV cushions and the 1" memory foam layer with waterproof sheet on top. The layers make it easier to access the storage underneath verses a single piece rigid mattress.

It is amazingly comfortable. Even our dog likes it and she can jump up and down unlike the rear bed which is too high for her. To defend the rear bed height, there is a lot of basement storage underneath.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
We bought the mattress for our stick house online at Brooklyn Bedding (which is in Phoenix, right?) and are very pleased with both quality and delivery.  Quickly delivered in a box that was actually quite easy to handle (but stand back when you release the straps that keep it compressed!).
We previously bought a Serta thru Sam's Club but were never quite satisfied with it. Sam's has samples in the store to try out and they did ok with sale & delivery, but it just wasn't as comfortable as our previous high quality mattress. We gave it to our daughter (she loves it) and bought the new one online from Brooklyn Bedding (after some research, of course).

Gary which model did y'all go with from BB?

Most areas have small mom and pop mattress manufacturers who can make anything you want in any size you need for reasonable prices.  They usually have demo mattresses available as well.  May be worth a look.

Sleep number. Pricey,  but, just like sleeping at home. Have to keep track of altitude though.

Back
Top Bottom