md3060

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zigman2

i have an md3060 in a 1997 monaco signature . last fall while on a trip from michigan to maine it ruptured the tranny cooler. after replaceing the cooler and flushing every thing thoroughly it works normally except the first to second shift it is very hard under throttle .it feels like it is in both gears at the same time.i am thinking about r&r ing the valve body .it has no codes and functions normally after 2nd gear. it also has no plate material in the oil .it had a small amount of babbit right after the cooler failure.but oil is very clean.i have the trouble shooting and the service manuals . i was just looking for any advice before i get into it .
thanks mike

Has it been driven much since the repair? If the tranny computer was disconnected for awhile, it may be re-learning your driving habits. Hard shifts are one of the symptoms of the "learning" process.

thanks for the response
it been driven about 1500 miles , and it is more like it does not release first gear soon enough

A rough shift could be caused by many problems including a broken spring in a servo, a valve in the valve body hanging, or even a band not releasing. You really need to take it to an Allison shop and have them run diagnostics.

x2

Mine has finally "learned" after close to 1500 miles. I did have mine checked and the good news was that the transynd truly was good , full and I can either keep checking the level or pay for a new level sender as that was the only code calling for attn.

Now the main seal failing as we walked out the WW Williams front door to check that code and seeing oil on the drive under the rear was unexpected, but opportune. I finished a full chassis service to finish my time with them.

Back
Top Bottom