Mexican taco, burrito and Bell pepper stuffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arctic_fox

Little recipe I made by accident I thought I would share with ya guys and get some opinions on, this is a filling used for tacos, burritos, and Bell peppers (for those of you with a toaster oven) give it a try and let me know what you think!

Serves 3-4

1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 large white onion diced
For tacos 1 large Bell pepper, for stuffed Bell peppers use 6-8 large Bell peppers assorted colors.
1 16oz can diced tomatoes
2 cups long grain white rice (I use basmati)
1 cup water for Bell pepper mix 3/4th for taco mix
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 packages taco seasoning of your choice
1 teaspoon red tobasco sauce (I use habinaro tobasco)
(Optional) 3 jalape?o peppers
(Optional) 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper
Mexican cheese mix to taste
Salt to taste

Fry onions, Bell pepper or Bell pepper tops, (optional) jalape?o and crushed red pepper,  and beef together until beef is fully cooked, then leaving fat in pan add the taco seasoning and 1/4th cup water and mix into the taco seasoning, add remaining water until taco seasoning is fully mixed with the beef and vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes over medium heat.

Add undrained tomatoes, Worcestershire, tobasco, salt, remaining water, rice and a small dash of pepper then bring to boil, reduce to low heat and simmer for about 20 minutes covered or until rice is soft and sauce is thick, depending on rice used you may need to add a little water while cooking.

Add cheese and melt into mixture then remove from heat

Serve in extra large tacos or burritos with lettuce and sour cream, you can also crush Frito or tortilla chips into mix just before serving for a crunch.

For stuffed Bell peppers cut tops off Bell peppers discarding seeds and veins, cut stem from tops and dice adding to taco mixture during cooking, boil Bell peppers for about 5 minutes before removing form water and inverting to drain, after cooking taco mixtureplace Bell peppers into small oven pan and spoon mixture into Bell peppers and bake at 350 degrees for 30 mintues.

Serve with sour cream and chips+dip

Hope you all enjoy!

Leave the bell peppers out of mine, I'll be right over ;D I can't handle them.

Throw away that taco seasoning packet and add in a bit of cayenne pepper, paprika, New Mexico Chili powder, and cumin into the spice mix while you're cooking the meat add 1/2 cup of water to infuse the spices thoroughly into the meat...let it cook down...mmm-mmmm-mmmmm!

(I like mine "melt your face, set your hair on fire" hot.)

My wife stopped using the packaged taco seasonings quite a few years ago. Tacos are much tastier...and a bit healthier since she made the change.

I agree with BoomerD. My taco seasoning is:
1 ? tsp ground cumin
? tsp ground oregano
1 TBS dried cilantro
1-3 tsp cayenne pepper (depending on your taste)
? tsp paprika
? tsp garlic powder
? tsp onion powder

Bob

At home, we make a crockpot stuffed pepper that is well-loved by all here.

Enchilada Stuffed Peppers from Pinch of Yum
As others mentioned, we put in our own spice blend of cumin, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic salt.

I also make my own enchilada sauce for it which adds more chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and cumin, which is the majority of ingredients. After that, it just needs tomato sauce, water, brown rice flour, and maple syrup.

Homemade Oil-free Enchilada Sauce from The Vegan 8

The website it is from is based on having simple recipes with few ingredients. I've not tried it on the road but think it would work quite well!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom