Mice possibly in trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LBFraser

We recently opened up our 2016 Jayco and found what appears to be mouse droppings on counter. Our trailer was thoroughly cleaned and everything taken in for the winter. I am puzzled as to how it got in? I thought the trailer  was well sealed since it is new. Is this a common problem with new trailers?

There's always an opening or two somewhere that mice will find, where plumbing or wiring passes through. You can crawl under and try to find and seal them, but they might but in an  inaccessible location. It doesn't need to be a big hole; those critters can fit into pretty tight places.

Common. I put a mice bait poison block on the main floor before winter storage. They eat is and then look for water (usually outside) and it kills them. I found a few dead ones in my storage area last year, dead as a doornail.
They can tear up alot of fabric and the sort, so its important to keep them out.

Never poison them.  Use spring traps.  If you poison them and they crawl into somewhere you can't find them or get to and die you'll be sorry and have a hard time getting the stink out of everything.

I learned the hard way even with spring traps placed in hard to reach places to screw the traps down down so the little critters can't drag the trap off and die.

Or... if your like me and prefer to let them live and just NOT be on/in your property ... use a little sachet that smells like fresh cut pine that you can get at just about ANY  RV sales/service place .

FRESH CAB

Simply take one bag and place near the front and another near the back and one in the middle . Works for me EVERY year without fail .

Go with the ultimate mouse trap the bucket mouse trap. I use antifreeze so it won't freeze in the winter. Just keep it away from pets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D47P1TgZ7ZE

Thanks everyone for the advice... my husband thinks it got up through a hole( very small) where plumbing goes into bathroom and outdoor kitchen. He placed traps around inside of trailer last night but nothing found this morning. He might try to spray foam barrier around these openings to keep them out. Hope this works . I will also try the pine satchels

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom