Microwave Popcorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
Ok, so which one is the best? I'm not talking kettle corn or cheddar cheese or any other odd flavors, just plain old salted microwave popcorn. I've tried a bunch but haven't found one that I really, really like.

Wendy

Orville butter popcorn but then if you want to be sensible get the low fat variety.

Oh, I'm so excited that I will now be able to have microwave popcorn while camping!!  We have a new trailer and it has a microwave oven.  I currently use Orville Red.... light butter (and then I drizzle my own butter on it!)

Costco has the best price I could find for Orville popcorn.

Another vote for Orville.  ;D  His Movie Theater Butter variety currently inhabits our snack shelf.

Margi

Have been buying the Butter Act One for pst few years but noticed they have recently reduced their package size down to 2.75oz "Fun Size"..... now about 8% less "fun" in each bag ... but the price went up anyway...

Wendy
I use  Jolly Time Healthy Pop 94% fat free. 3 points plus value.  But it is still salty. 

Dr Oz said to buy whole kernel popcorn, pop it in a  brown paper bag and  add your own flavorings.  I have purchased the  brown lunch sacks and the  bag of popcorn, but I have yet to  try it out in microwave. Mostly because I still have the Jolly Time stuff. 

I love popcorn .

I'm addicted to the Orville 94% F.F. Kettle corn.  But for butter, I'll take the Orville 94% FF, then drip extra real melted butter on it. 
There's something about real melted butter on popcorn.  I've tried the Act, Popsecret, and O.R. full butter, full fat, and they just aren't the same for me.  If I want added calories, they're going to come from real butter.

I've switched to an air popper, but before that I had a Presto Power Pop microwave popper.  Either way, some Real butter and garlic salt on non oiled popcorn does it for me.

How about the popper box on the rod over the campfire?  You get that nice char flavor, and can add anything. 

For me, the 'aroma' or to my nose, odor of MW popcorn turns me off to it.  Had someone I worked with who would make it every afternoon and aroma up the office.  Not sure what he used though. 

PancakeBill said:
Had someone I worked with who would make it every afternoon and aroma up the office. 

I know what you mean!  It wasn't so much the smell when he popped it, but the stale aroma seemed to stay forever in the break room.

Margi

Yup. you nailed it, one of the reasons I don't do it in the RV. 

Those pop boxes on the campfire though.  Mmmmm  good.

Thanks for all the tips. I think I may try Dr Oz's brown paper bag since we always have lots of popcorn (Mike buys it in 50# bags at Sam's Club). Maybe at some rally we should have a blind taste test?

Wendy

Wendy said:
Thanks for all the tips. I think I may try Dr Oz's brown paper bag since we always have lots of popcorn (Mike buys it in 50# bags at Sam's Club). Maybe at some rally we should have a blind taste test?

Wendy
What does he do?  Just put the kernels in the brown bag and put it in the microwave?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom