Military

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nastones

Kinda a newbie here
Does anyone know of some RV Parts/store/ accessories, that offer a active duty military discounts?

Nastones said:
Kinda a newbie here
Does anyone know of some RV Parts/store/ accessories, that offer a active duty military discounts?
Off hand I can not give you any specific stores but, as an old codger and retired military man I can offer you some good advice in two words: Always Ask.  I am amazed at how many discounts are in force for military (active and retired) and senior citizens but, in many cases, you have to ask to them.  One minor example.  A senior lady at a counter in a Wendy's was a quarter short of having enough money to pay for her order. She was stewing about it when my wife who was next in line asked the counter person if they had given the lady the senior drink price.  No they had not and that actually resulted in the lady getting a quarter back instead of being a quarter short.  We always ask - all they can say is no.

Bill

I saw a pic once, (it may have been here) with a man wearing a hat that said"Yes, I'm a senior citizen, and yes, I want my discount"

Living here in South Florida an area that has a lot of retired military we always ask for senior citizen and military discounts. In most cases the discount pays the tax. Lowes and Home Depot both offer a 10% discount for AD and retired Military. Many eateries also offer a discount.

speaking of Wendy's ,  I stopped there the other day to buy a cup of Chili and I asked the cashier if they had any hot coffee ?  she said yes,  and as a senior citizen it's free ....

guess who will be eating at Wendy's more often ?  ;)

( FYI...Home Depot = 10% vet discounts )

A local restaurant has a sign that reads "No senior discounts. You have had plenty of time to save your money" We no longer patronize the joint.

There is a website called "military.com"  you can sign up with you DoD number and they list all sorts of AD,Ret. mil discounts but thought I would ask because I've never seen any RV stores advertised a military discount. Also thanks for all who served

Nastones said:
There is a website called "military.com"  you can sign up with you DoD number and they list all sorts of AD,Ret. mil discounts but thought I would ask because I've never seen any RV stores advertised a military discount. Also thanks for all who served

I'm sorry but I don't know what a 'DoD' number is,  is that an active duty thing ?

the VA uses my SSN as identification.

I'm still new to the Vet benefit stuff,  not that long ago if you said you were a Vet it was almost a certification of lower class ,...it's changing,  now days when my daughter is in uniform people walk up and say thank you to her.

it's so nice to see the change.

They also verify through DEERS when you sign up. So yes you can use you SSN DoD number is an active Duty thing. Yes it is a nice change that people say thanks now. Every time I see a Vet from the  Vietnam era I always say welcome home they missed out on that.

I have always enjoyed being thanked for my service but here lately I have come to realize that we have many heroes in our society. So now I shake the hand of every policeman/woman, EMT and fireman that I come across.  Most are somewhat shocked but very thankful for the thought. Try it -you and they will like it a lot.

Bill

Bill N said:
I have always enjoyed being thanked for my service but here lately I have come to realize that we have many heroes in our society. So now I shake the hand of every policeman/woman, EMT and fireman that I come across.  Most are somewhat shocked but very thankful for the thought. Try it -you and they will like it a lot.

Bill

Yes Bill, not a great time to be a cop, so I always thank them for their service. 

I was Army...so I imagine traffic cops got more thanks than we did.  :)

TonyDtorch said:
Yes Bill, not a great time to be a cop, so I always thank them for their service. 

I was Army...so I imagine traffic cops got more thanks than we did.  :)
Yep but the thanks to the military did not start coming until after 9/11 when the coffins started coming back from Afghanistan. During Nam, spit was the only form of thanks a lot of our troops got.  It makes me angry to no end nowadays when the media seems to equate every homeless person as a veteran.  Maybe some are but a lot are mental cases and drug addicts.

Nastones said:
Kinda a newbie here
The Safari RV store here in Reno gives a 10% discount, to active military,  or even to vets like me. But they do NOT advertise it. You must know to ask.

However, you might find their prices about 15% higher than some other RV stores, on some items.

-Don-  Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom