Mini rally in Locke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Yesterday we caught up with long-time friends and forum members Robert and Carol Penn. With their movements between their TX and CA homes, and our movements between our CA and OH homes, we're often like ships that pass in the night. We relish these rare occasions to be in the same place at the same time and get caught up. This lunch was at Al The Wop's in the historic Chinese community of Locke, on the Sacramento River. Reminiscing about RV trips and boating on the Delta.

Locke was home to Chinese laborers who built the railroads and built the CA Delta levees, until the clamshell dredge was brought in.

The ceiling inside Al's is covered with $1 bills thrown up there with large tacks. One of them is mine from 20+ years ago.

Attachments

• AlsPlace.jpg
    AlsPlace.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by a moderator:
I edited post Tom as first 2 paragraphs were repeated for some reason.

You all look happy to be catching up!

I edited post Tom as first 2 paragraphs were repeated for some reason.
Thanks. Something strange was going on when I posted; I actually had a duplicate post that I caught before it was actually posted. Figured I'd walk away and come back to review, but you beat me to it :)
You all look happy to be catching up!
FWIW Robert and I have been good friends for approx 40 years (spent many weekends together on boats), and were neighbors for a number of years.

I was remembering my & Nancy's visit to Robert & Carol's Texas home just a couple weeks ago when some "memories" pictures popped up on my phone screen. Way back in 2007! We had a fun time camped in their gorgeous yard and visiting the Texas State Fair. When you see them again, please pass on my greetings.

I was remembering my & Nancy's visit to Robert & Carol's Texas home ... We had a fun time camped in their gorgeous yard and visiting the Texas State Fair.
I suspect that might have been before the time when he turned his 3rd lot into an RV site projecting out into the lake (?). The main (original) house sat/sits across two adjacent lots.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom