Missing NH Couple (RV safety)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FL-Joe

If this has already been posted or discussed please disregard.  I didn't see it on here.  Friends of ours told us about these victims a few days ago and we have been following:

https://www.unionleader.com/news/crime/family-fears-bodies-found-buried-in-texas-dune-are-missing/article_64e4132d-f843-5caa-8bd6-266a9f42f7db.html

Looks like they were making their way to Florida, like thousands of RVers this time of year.  Just like changing your smoke detector batteries every year, maybe this would be a good time to review your RV security. 

My question is why is there no check for vehicle proof of ownership at the border crossings?  All too often we hear about vehicles stolen and taken to Mexico, it seems this would be very easy to stop at the check point.

Isaac-1 said:
My question is why is there no check for vehicle proof of ownership at the border crossings?  All too often we hear about vehicles stolen and taken to Mexico, it seems this would be very easy to stop at the check point.

Have you ever driven into Mexico? I did it many times in my working life, and all the Mexican border guards did was wave me on through without even stopping. Coming back into the US was a different story...

FL-Joe said:
Just like changing your smoke detector batteries every year, maybe this would be a good time to review your RV security.
I took your advice and checked my RV security. All my cats claws are nice and sharp.

Her bil is on another forum I frequent, they are taking it pretty hard. There are no answers. It is hard to fathom what makes some members of the human species tick, I won't call them people. A high school classmate is now doing 25 without parole for murder, the victim was an 18 year old hooker.

I hope her BIL doesn't come over here and see one of these responses.  No one knows what happen yet but is should bother anyone to think that a young career military veteran could have this happen to him and his wife soon after retiring.  It should also be a little concerning to most RVing couples, and nothing to joke about.

Very sadly this couple was just found dead and buried on Padre Island Beach close to their last campsite. Their truck and trailer is still missing, this story is heartbreaking and it heightens my awareness that this can happen to anyone. We all need to be aware always!

PJ Stough said:
I would like to know if it would have made any difference?

It would have made a huge difference if the scumbag(s) would now be six feet under. 

Folks, discussions of whether or not firearms should be carried should be moved to PMs or political forums

So sad and scary.  That is why we travel with our wonderful companion/guard !!!!  He is 82lb. Of teeth-muscle, training and all business Malinois!!!!!!  Never felt safer.  If they would ever get past him then there is a metal sandwich waiting as a back up but usually the first warning is all that is needed.  Hope all stay safe out there with the winter travels and alert.  One just never knows!!!!!

Have heard of attack cats!!!!!! 

It is sad in this day and age all have to be on high alert. There are just bad elements of humanity that never joined out there and a sad day when one runs into them.  Just hope for the best for the family left behind and that all are safe and have a good travel season this winter.

Oh and as fierce as he is he loves children and does not bother small pets even cats!!!!!!!!

Just saw a crawl across GMA that was filmed earlier.  They identified the couple found in TX as the missing NH couple.  Thinking of the family left behind.  There is not a punishment good enough for the perpetrators unfortunately.  Stay safe

Robert K said:
They could not be worse off, might have been better off.

" For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, ?It might have been.? ? John Greenleaf Whittier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom