Moab 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy  That's true  but the bumps on ole noggin haven't cured yet, and until I can recouperate for some time.  Besides, she's the one that writes the checks, cuz she's got the checkbooks, not me.  Also  Should I go and then return here, I'd be afraid to go to sleep.  Cuz if I did, I might just awake with my throat slit.  That would be another poem or song to be written.  That's my defense and I'm sticking with it.  LOL

Have been in communication with Portal and they have provided the following list of reservations and site assignment.  As we were told last year some folks have been moved to the new section.

Marty at Portal regaurding the site shown as Pennington on our list and Pennings.  If someone with the name of Penington has reserved a site please let us know.

I listed Dave Reavis but Portal has the name George Reavis.  which is correct?

RV FORUM RESERVATIONS

NAME SITE DATES (first/last night)

(Full hook-up: water, 50 amp electricity, sewer, cable, wi-fi @ $31.00/night)
Brewer 3 4/27-5/5
Sharp 5 4/27-5/6
Mahoney                 6 4/27-5/5
Reiter 7 4/27-5/5
Jasen 8 4/27-5/5
Weimert                 9 4/27-5/3
Marabito               10 4/27-5/5
Lawrence               12 4/26-5/6
Lynch               13 4/27-5/5
Bullock               16 4/27-5/5

(Partial hook-up sites ? water, 30 amp electricity, cable, wi-fi @ 27.50/night)
Stock 26 4/26-5/5
Pennings, C. 27 4/29-5/5  (see note with Pennings, below)
Wilson 35 4/27-5/5

(Premium sites, full hook-up @ $35.00/night. 

Cousins                 M17 4/26-5/5
Reavis M19 4/26/5/6  (Goes by ?George? and also ?Dave?/Jennett)
Fitzgerald                 M24 4/26-5/5
Pearce M26 4/24-5/5
Kuch M22 4/28-5/4
M23 4/28-5/4
Ruward                 M35 4/26-5/6
Pennings,  C M57 4/27-5/5  (see note with Pennings, below)
Dobrin R45 4/26-5/6
Griefer R46 4/26-5/5
Woods R48 4/23-5/6
Jones, Tom                 R56 4/27-5/5

QUESTIONS:

NO Pennington in our system; however, there are two Pennings (see above), one of which shows same dates as Pennington (4/29-5/5)  Please advise.

NO Revis, Dave and Jennett; however we have a Reavis with a different first name, different last name spelling from North Carolina.  Please advise.

Looks like either my site got switched or they're again confusing me with the other Tom Jones who's there every year at the same time we are. If the latter is true, they've given my site to someone else. I'll need to resuscitate the notebook that died and see if I can retrieve my email confirmation.

Tom:

I just got off the Skype phone with the new manager at Portal. The site we have had reserved for a year and that was confirmed in writing in February (RV25) is no longer available because one of the owners decided he wanted it and I have been assigned M17 which is not on the map and is still gravel with no water but they are confident they will have full hookups by the time we get there.  ??? ??? ???

My first intro to Portal is not starting off well. They aren't a KOA are they! ???

But Jeff, you're now in a "premium $35" site  :)

With the ones they've moved around, I wonder if Stocks could get into 2 or 4 and be next to the Brewers?

I think I may have to look for some mystery shop jobs to do in Moab next week and make a run out there to see how things are looking....not bother the staff, just take a peek at the place.

Jeff,

New owners and new management, coupled with a park that's being remodelled, we might be dry camping by the river with Smoky  ;D

We were told last year there was a possibility some of us  could be reassigned to the new section.  There are several of us that have been moved.  When I talked to Don he indicated they hope to have the new section ready for the Jeep gathering next week. No big deal as long as as the hookups are in place and working.

Ron,

There are also 4 other couples who are joining us at Portal and who believe they have confirmed reservations, but I don't see their names on the list. Might just be that their reservations weren't associated with the rally. I'll find out which sites they were assigned.

Tom said:
Ron,

There are also 4 other couples who are joining us at Portal and who believe they have confirmed reservations, but I don't see their names on the list. Might just be that their reservations weren't associated with the rally. I'll find out which sites they were assigned.

Please do Tom and I will update the list and send a copy to Portal.

Just got off the phone with Anette (Don's wife). We're confirmed as Tom & Chris Jones in R56 which is not yet ready, but will be.

One of the four couples I mentioned is Sarah & Ken Corippo; They're confirmed in M21 4/27 & 4/28 only. The reservation was previously in their computer as Sarah Young (they were married last year) and I confirmed the address. Can't talk to them right now to question the dates because they're in Hawaii.

Hi Ron,

We are confirmed by E mail 3 weeks ago for lot # 57. Last year we were at lot # 27 (next to the toilets and the smell was not so desirable) we did not make reservations for #27. If I remember well there was also a mix up with the name PENNINGTON last year and that name does not belong to our group. You may want to check with Portal if the address attach to Pennington is the same as ours (San Jose) if so they will have a double booking. We will stay at lot #57 and have our own Spa and B.B.Q.  :) :)

chris

Aw, you all worry about that, I'm going back out and put my feet in Bahia de Concepcion. 8) 8)

Ron,

We (Robert & Mary Penn) have reservations for site #13, my neighbor (Sue and James Moeller) have reservations for site #55. TThis accounts for two of the ones Tom mentioned.

I'm guessing the M and R site numbers are the new ones they're selling as "RV Pads"? Anyone know how much they're asking for the pads??

caltex said:
Ron,

We (Robert & Mary Penn) have reservations for site #13, my neighbor (Sue and James Moeller) have reservations for site #55. TThis accounts for two of the ones Tom mentioned.

Ron's list says Lynch is in #13.

Phil

Ron said:
Have been in communication with Portal and they have provided the following list of reservations and site assignment.  As we were told last year some folks have been moved to the new section.

(Premium sites, full hook-up @ $35.00/night.  5
Pearce M26 4/24-5/5

We will not be attending this Rally and $35/night is a lot of money. So our "Premium" site will open. Anybody want it?  Please let me know and then I will call Portal to cancel.

Liz

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom