MOAB 2014 RV FORUM RALLY, MAY 11-17, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree also. I took that rout 2 years ago on the way from YP. I specially like the spot where the memorial plate to dead Indian is. What a sad storry about the tribe trying to escape from reservation to Canada.
Will go same way again.

Making our way home from Moab, what a wild day today.  Traveling U.S. 6 yesterday from I-70 to Provo was an adventure.  2 lane road, lots of wind, had a rock hit the windshield and put about a 15" crack in it.  Hope it survives till we get home.  Then today, leaving thru Salt lake and heading west on I-80, passing thru the mountains in eastern Nevada between Elko and Winnemucca, we hit wind, rain, thunder, lightning, hail and snow.  Let me tell you, this city boy from So Cal is not used to driving in that!  I had to pull off twice just to let a little of it pass.  Hail put a crack in the other side of the windshield, about 4 inches.  Now I get to look forward to replacing both halves of the windshield.  UGH.  Anyway, it all makes for part of the experience of being on the road.  We are in RFeno for the night. Tomorrow we get to look forward to I-80 over Donner Pass.  Sounds like another adventure.  But the light at the end of the tunnel is seeing our son for 3 days in Santa Cruz.  Life is good.  :)

Steve & Dee 

Boy Steve you had some Adventure on the road. Hope that rest of your trip will be with out trouble. We see you in LA middle of June, and you can tell us all about this.

Well some several days after the rally I have " emptied" my camera and  found  some final awards from Moab. The final awards were held on Friday  night but on Saturday  night a couple of  other awards were due.

You will see that Henry and Margaret earned CARE BEAR  Award for the week.  Their hospitality, friendliness and (he really wanted Care Bear) his desire not to be left with a Goofy impression gave him the Care Bear for Keeps!

Jan was also honored for honoring his offer for a ladies  luncheon.  While he had no takers for "ladies luncheon" during Moab, I was the recipient of his generosity when he  bought my dinner in Las Vegas.  Thank you Jan.  Also and a big Thank you to Jan for providing  Terry with Robitussin to  assist in his cough recovery.
This rally just keeps on giving and giving!

Attachments

• Final final Awards May 17, 2014 5-021.JPG
    Final final Awards May 17, 2014 5-021.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 38
  • Final final Awards May 17, 2014 5-023.JPG
    Final final Awards May 17, 2014 5-023.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 31
Betty I think that we all are due for big thanks to you for all the caring and organization you provided. If I ran a  company in USA, you would be my choice for CEO. Lady with many skills, charisma and great attitude. You always have been behind all activities and made sure that nobody is left behind and feels welcome. We love your pin board with all color notes. Cheers to you and also to Ardra.

Jan Stiskala said:
If I ran a  company in USA, you would be my choice for CEO.

Blush, blush, blush.  I kinda wish I were in the market for a job! (Well not so  much)

The RVForum  bunch is the BEST!

Well a little late but here is the video that Jared took of our off-road escapades during the 2014 RV Forum Moab Rally.  He has been working on it for quite a while and had it put to some awesome music but then as soon as he uploaded it to youtube and facebook it was rejected due to copyright violations on the music.  He found some generic music "approved" by youtube.

Here is the link to the video on youtube.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GyYDlDrCXrY

I hope everyone enjoys it as Jared tried to get a little footage of everyone, except us of coures. :eek:

Mike.

Mike,
  You and Crystal should be so proud.  What a professional looking video from an outstanding young man!  I can't stop watching it.  Makes us really look forward to our upcoming October Moab trip. 

Kudos to Jared  8)

Steve & Dee

Thanks for sharing Mike, and thanks to Jared. Looking forward to meeting folks in Oct.

Thanks everyone.  I will forward your comments on to Jared.  At the time when we were wheeling I didn't realize that he was planning making a video for the forum, then over the next several weeks as he was putting it together he told me the plan was to put it to music and post it on the forum for all of our friends to see.

He was really bummed when facebook and youtube rejected it because he spent so much time putting it to those two particular songs but I still think it turned out great even with the "free" youtube music.  I still don't understand how many of the youtube videos that we watch can have soundtracks attached to them and not have copyright infringements but I guess there are a lot of things I don't understand.

Happy and safe travels to all until we meet again.

Mike.

A nicely done video.

I'm curious, Mike -- what video editing software does Jared use? The Pinnacle Studio (and Avid Studio) that I use works with SmartSound?, a special set of soundtracks (with a LOT available for purchase) that can be used (royalty free) for non-commercial videos. Some can also be used (and is by many pros) for commercial work.

Larry N. said:
A nicely done video.

I'm curious, Mike -- what video editing software does Jared use? The Pinnacle Studio (and Avid Studio) that I use works with SmartSound?, a special set of soundtracks (with a LOT available for purchase) that can be used (royalty free) for non-commercial videos. Some can also be used (and is by many pros) for commercial work.

I just asked him and he told me that he uses Windows Movie Maker.  I will pass this information along to him though. 

Thank you.

Mike.

Great video! 

Really enjoyed the ingenuity  and originality.  Who else would have featured Henry as the action hero (run and shoot) ?

Thanks for sharing...

Don

Super fantastic video Mike.  Tell Jared he put a big smile on my face.  :)

I am looking forward to October.

Bill

REALLY nice video, Jared!  It's a wonderful introduction to what four-wheeling at Moab is all about.  And don't worry about the music.  It turned out just fine!

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom