Mobile Home Warning Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I crawled under the bus and found the sensor at the output side of the tranny. It sits on top. I can feel the connector but I don't think it is something I can deal with based on my meager tool kit. I will have to call someone tomorrow  to see if they can come to the site and fix the sensor and the leaking stabilizer.

Thanks NY_Dutch
That helps a lot. I may take a shot at it. Will any fluid come out if I remove it?

The sensor will probably drip a little bit, but nothing that a rag won't take care of.  You won't have to worry about anything pouring out, though.

Wow!! That is awesome! Thanks NY_Dutch!
I never thought to check Amazon! Is there anything Amazon doesn't carry?!!

LOL!!! That made my night!!
It has not been a good day. But that cracked me up!!!
Thanks!!!

Ordered the sensor from Amazon. Will be here Saturday.
Not sure when I will get to put it in. We will be moving again soon.
Heading west.

OK Guys
I don'what know is going on here. We replaced the output shaft speed sensor last week but only today we moved to our latest destination. All was well until we got off the highway and stopped at a traffic light. The "service engine light" came on and the "overdrive" light started flashing on the stalk. Once we got moving, with the hesitation and bucking, all goes back to "normal" and we are moving again. The "service engine soon" light stays on. The code reader says P0720 again just like before.

It seems that when we start off in the morning all is fine. Once we are running for a few hours, if we come to a stop, all hell happens. Heat seems to be a factor. Don't know what to do now. Does anyone have any ideas?

From "P0720 OBD-II Trouble Code"

There are a handful of different issues that can result in the P0720 code, including:

Malfunctioning output speed sensor
Malfunctioning input speed sensor
Damaged or corroded wires, or loose connectors
Contaminated or low transmission fluid
Faulty engine drivability sensors
Malfunctioning shift solenoids
In very rare cases, a defective PCM

The linked site has more info...

Thanks Dutch
I will check it out. Looks like we will be in a service station soon if I can't figure this out.

OK everyone, here is one for the books!
While doing my pre-travel engine check, I just happened to look down and the positive cable to the chassis battery had jumped off. We had gone over some really bad roads in our travels and I have no idea how long it had been off. When we would stop at rest areas to stretch our legs the bus would labor to start. I thought it was because the engine was hot from a long run even though the temp. gauge read fine. I often wonder if the temp. gauge works at all cause it doesn't move from normal.

Anyway, it took some effort to tighten the clamp but it is holding. Since doing so the "Service Engine Soon" light and the "Overdrive" light have not come back on. We have been running up and down the hills leading into the Black Hills in South Dakota and everything is fine. No Idiot lights! Who would have thought the computer would get that confused?

Hello Everyone
The problem continues. Putting the battery cable back worked for a while but the problem has returned. It doesn't happen every time we move but randomly, about every second or third trip. I was worried going thru the mountains from Buffalo to Ten Sleep, Wyoming. Does anyone know where the input speed sensor is located on a Triton V10?

If you go to post #38 in this thread, Wae has posted a pic that includes both the input and output speed sensors.

Note: it's not necessarily a bad sensor turning on the light.  The ECM is seeing information from those sensors that it doesn't like.  Could be a bad sensor, a bad wiring connection, or it could be something internal to the transmission.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom