More "lessons" have come up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RVMommaTo6 said:
I've now earned my battery badge along with my clogged toilet badge, my fuses badge, my dolly towing badge, my dump station badge, and my steering column badge. Lol, I feel like I'm almost ready to start this trip....

It seems like the list of badges both earned and yet to earn grows more every day.

72cougarxr7 said:
Glad you got your battery issue taken care of, sounds like the batteries you got are decent.
I normally try and run my generator 2 hours a day while boondocking and it seems to work for  me. You may need more or less depending on your electrical useage.

By the way, greetings from a fellow upstate NYer, I'm from Watertown!
I think its pretty awesome the adventure you and your kids are taking! I'm sure this will be something  those kids remember for the rest of their life.
I have 3 kids and we all like camping, due to the wife and my job schedule, we keep our camper trips local, mostly within 3 hours or so. We did make it as far as Illinois a few years ago and it was a fun and memorable trip.
We are only 36, so hoping to do more cross country travel later in life.
Hey neighbor! We spent a week or so most summers in the 1,000 Islands and in the Adirondacks so we pass your neck of the woods often! I also used to have to go Ft Drum.

muskoka guy said:
You can get a cheap volt meter that plugs into your cigarette 12 volt outlet. You can get simple ones like this one, or ones that also have usb plugs on them as well as the voltage output reading. You will need a 12 volt plug that is on the house batteries. Lots of rvs have spare ones that are not on the dash. Hopefully yours does. If so, one of these are inexpensive, and easy to monitor your battery state. The outlets on the dash are probably on your engine batteries, so knowing there state of charge is not as important in most cases, as the house doesn't use them for camping, only to start the engine.  Best of luck on your trip. https://www.amazon.ca/Iztoss-Universal-Cigarette-Thermometer-Temperature/dp/B074MWWQMN/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?hvadid=74491985220952&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=cigarette+lighter+voltmeter&qid=1567216560&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExRTBWMjY1VjZIOEVPJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzgyNDQ5MUlFV0kwQ0MyUEhRRSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzgyNzY3MU03RkRPUVlZTkg3NyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
I do, I also have one in my car!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom