Motoraid hoses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MWowner

My Minnie Winnie has the Motoraid option with the engine coolant lines running back to a  fan heater and the water heater. Nice option and it works well. My question is with the motorhome being over 10 years old, has anyone replaced the hoses on those lines and the radiator hoses? The radiator hoses are all original also. I think it would be a real disaster if one of those hoses blew on the road, but it looks like a real bearcat to replace. Thanks for any help.

I have the Motoraid for the hot water, but what is a fan heater?  Is that a rear heater while traveling?

Yes, the engine coolant runs thru a little radiator under our dinet that can provide heat going down the road.

Very nice!  Sorry, I don't have any feedback to your original question, as I don't know myself.

We have a 99. 35 foot. Heater is under the bed. I looked at as much of the hoses that I could see. They still look fine. You should be ok at that age. I'm not looking forward to replacing such a huge length of hoses but having hot water when you get to where you are going is nice

Dale

We have a 99 and a 03 with MotorAid. haven't done anything to the hoses. On the 03 Adventurer on F-53 chassis we had the clamp on the lower radiator hose let go and dumped all the coolant. Luckily we were near a truck service center and replaced the OEM spring type clamp with a very nice T-bolt type truck clamp. I would recommend changing that clamp if a Ford chassis.

Murray truck clamp
http://www.murraycorp.com/clamp/heavy-duty/tb-model-t-bolt-clamps/

Replaced all heater hoses a couple of years ago when I had to replace a resistor in the underfloor heater. It took a couple of days to complete, a couple of the hoses where molded but I managed to purchase some hoses bending springs from a jobber (keeps the hoses from kinking). I used the best quality hose I could buy from NAPA and all new clamps. Don't want to change it again. Radiator hoses are molded, manufacturer specific and very expensive so inspected them and reused them. No problems. I found instructions on line (may have been in this forum) on repair for the heater and it gave quite good instructions with pictures.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom